Monday, March 13, 2017

Our Weekend - the zoo, beach, and Beauty and the Beast party

We had ourselves quite the weekend.  Spending time with my family fills up my soul and watching these two girls is just about everything.

On Saturday we were up and at 'em early (per usual) because we had a Beauty and the Beast event at our local Disney Store!!  We are Disney card holders and that comes with some perks.  So Ellie got dressed up in her Belle's finest and we made a morning of it.



All the kids got to watch some previews of the upcoming release, join in some activities and make a paper Chip cup! It was so cute and Ellie had a blast.  Once the event was over we had time to shop in the store before they officially opened for business.  (the even started 1 hour prior to opening)



After we finished up at the Disney Store we walked around the mall and then took the girls to the play area (it was nutso!!) and it was so fun having them play at the mall that I grew up going to.  While we were there we ran into Ellie's cousin so they had some fun running around together.






We headed home for naps and then when the girls woke up we made our way to Target.  I am always on the lookout for something green (no matter what time of year) for the girls and when I spotted these dresses I just couldn't help myself!!  They each got one and I am so excited for them to be twinning on my birthday this Friday!!!

and I stopped to look in the dollar spot...nice work Target way to follow instructions (lol)

Later that night Ellie really wanted to do some painting.  So I got out all the supplies, printed out my "stencil" and finished up Finnley's birth stats artwork!  The flowers were all free hand and then I used the old school carbon copy technique to paint the lettering.  It's a little crooked but that's okay.


Sunday morning was like any other day.  We got up at our regular "time" and made a day of it.  We started with the zoo and everyone had a great time.  Finnley was all bundled up as was Ellie and I was just glad I remembered a vest...one of these days I'll have cold weather figured out.



The zoo has a bunch of Peacocks that just wander the property and it's so fun spotting them.  Also they had the vet out to check out the Penguins so we had fun watching the staff corral them into a corner.  It was a great day to be at the zoo, all the animals were so active.  The apes were swinging all around, the Tapir was running and jumping and the Walrus was whistling all day (you could hear him all over the zoo).


After the zoo we made it to our favorite Fish'n'Chips place and checked out the beach front afterwards.  I love these two girls and I cannot wait for Finnley to be walking on her own so we can get some killer shots of the two of them.  But for now I will take all of these I can get.




We stopped at one of my favorite stores to get ingredients for dinner and the floral dept gave both of the girls free flowers!  I'll take them ;)


Ellie was so tuckered out on the way home she fell asleep in mid bite of her cake pop!!


Once home we tried to convince the girls to continue their naps, I went out and did a deep clean on the chicken coop (our plan is to convert it into a playhouse this summer) and then made dinner, trying to get our Irish spirit on for my upcoming birthday!! Irish Brown Bread, my first time making it and it was so easy, and Shepherd's Pie with lamb.  It was bomb dot com!!!

♥ Ashley 


4 comments:

  1. How fun! Beauty and the Beast was my favorite movie when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! The Beauty and the Beast event looked like a lot of fun!

    Polly
    http://gemsandjoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun-filled weekend! I love it. And that painting? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a full and fun weekend!! Great pics of your girls!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley