Thursday, March 16, 2017

Erin go Bragh - Home Decor

Happy St. Patrick's Day Eve!!



If you know me then you know I love to decorate for all the holidays and being that I am a St. Patrick's Day babe means that I have an affinity for all things green and have acquired quite to St. Pats collection over the years.  Green is such a great color all year round but it really lightens things up and reminds me of Spring this time of year.

I have gotten pretty picky with my decor over the years and actually didn't put out all that I have this year because I don't love all of it.  So what you see are the pieces that made the cut ;)


In the living room I am loving my new jute rug!! I adore how it has defined the space (and brightened it up a bit) and the nubs in the weave are like a foot massage when I walk on it.  I have some touches of green in blankets, plants, and a few St. Pats Shamrock decor.




I grew up with this Philodendron.  Rumor has it that my mom had it in our very first house which means this plant is older than me!! Of course that story comes from my Dad so his details could be a bit off.  My dad recently sold his house and he wasn't able to bring this plant with him to his new place (plus he's been traveling 90% of the time since he retired) so I gladly brought it into our space.  It seems to be doing well in our home and I can't believe that it is over 30 years old!!


Up on the mantle I have this cute little leprechaun and a four leaf clover I received for my birthday from my cousin years ago.  Oh and that bow you see there....that was a gift to Ellie from a violinist in Ireland that we met at the VAT House Bar in Temple Bar, Dublin back in 2014.


On the other side I have some fresh greenery in the cutest milk jar and some wooden shamrocks I picked up probably at Michaels.


I tend to have touches of green throughout my house anyways so this holiday is perfect for me.  I green frame from IKEA and super cute pillows I picked up a few years ago from JoAnn's.


And then I have these cute little Irish girl and boy figurines along with a Wee Forest Folk mouse that my mom got for me when I was super young.


The girl's table is even decorated (and take a look at that FARMER'S MARKET sign, I found it a few weeks ago and am totes smitten) with a shamrock plant and some cute coasters I picked up at the Dollar Tree.



Michaels has a ton of great seasonal decor for super cheap, I love the hat and pot o' gold flower picks.



Over in the dining room I have some more bits of green, like a shamrock teapot I found at HomeGoods, Ellie's holiday canvases and then my moms vintage green china set.  The crystal shamrock mugs were a staple on my birthday growing up and I remember my mom serving me green milk for breakfast in bed in them.  The green glasses are also vintage that were given to me years ago for my birthday as well...good thing I have embraced my inner Irish ;)


Also on the table I have some green glassy baby's and I love how the chargers bring in a rustic charm to the otherwise super fancy table.  This year I brought in some potted Hyacinths for the table and love them on the wood slice.  Flowers are my love language.





over on the shelf I have my green cake stand, a super cute vintage wall hanging and my green tree.  Oh and a cute little leprechaun chilling out.



I toned down the ornaments this year on my every season tree and picked my favorites...another favorite of mine is the arrow with hanging shamrock.  I got that for my birthday a few years ago and have loved it ever since!



And what is a holiday without some chalk art?  I like to switch it up each year and this year is pretty fun.  You will notice that the horse shoe has 7 clovers...that is because years ago my horse shoe-er told me that she always put in 7 nails for good luck.



The bathroom got a small touch of St. Patrick's Day as well with a door hanging (Michaels) and some artwork I did...in an attempt to try to paint something without flowers, I think it turned out pretty good!!


The magnets are from the Dollar Tree and get used on the daily...such a fun touch for the girls. And then Ellie made the cutest calendar this month at school...it might be my favorite one to date!!


Do you decorate for the holidays?

♥ Ashley

previous years decor
2016
2015
2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley