Friday, September 21, 2018

That Friday Post - the middle of Septemer

September is just flying by.  Probably because we are so incredibly busy with school starting and appointments practically every day.  Finnley is doing awesome with her sling and we are all counting down the days until her next X-ray and we get a better idea of when she can resume normal activities.  Mostly she misses going to the Pool, which is crazy because she used to cry at her lessons...this summer though she turned a whole new leaf and loves the Pool now!



Let's see...where should I start.  Little Séamus is 8 weeks old and is the perfect addition to our family.  This time around is both so familiar and completely foreign at the same time.  Similarities are: eat, sleep, poop, and some crying.  Differences are: no bottles or cleaning of bottles, me being the only one to do the feedings, his poops from breastmilk, and Thomas already going back to work.  I realize that I got to have Thomas all summer but since both the girls were Spring Babies he didn't return to work until they were 3 months old.  So it's a bit different having a Summer Baby and I wouldn't change it for the world.





I have a whole post coming about my Essential Oils story.  Basically it starts over 4 years ago where I was dabbling in it here and there.  I tried joining a company but didn't really get any guidance, help or support...so I had to teach myself.  Then an opportunity came my way to switch and join my friend Courtney and Young Living and I jumped in!! I can't get over the quality and promise that Young Living offers, additionally the support and education that comes from our team.  I've been there before, completely overwhelmed with what to do with Essential Oils, and the reality is that it's pretty easy when you have someone to guide you.  It totally matters WHO you sign up with and I don't want you to have the experience I had.  I want to be there for you so that you can live your best life and use your oils to their fullest potential.  I want to do this journey with you! Come join me at Life, Kids and Oils!! You can also follow me on my Oils IG page (@lifekidsandoils) and like my FB Page too!











Ellie is off to Kindergarten and having the best time ever!!  We are letting her pick out her clothes the night before and she's getting herself dressed in the mornings (half of the time).  She walks to her line and is waiting patiently for me to pick her up at the end of the day.  She is silly and kind and loves to go to recess.  Ellie is the best little helper, especially if she is doing it for 'her baby' and I am just so pleased watching her little heart grow.  She has pretty much turned into a big girl over night and I truly am enjoying watching it all. 






Finnley asks all day "where Ellie?" and is screaming excited when Ellie gets back into the car to go home.  She is more and more involved with Séamus and loves to just smother him with all her love.  It's been so fun to watch her mature over the last few weeks with Séamus and all that she is capable of doing.  I feel like she is so much older at 2 than Ellie was, but that is probably because she has her big sister helping her out.  These little minds are like sponges and they are capable of so much more.  I am really excited for us to get into a bit more of a routine (once we're done with all these appointments) so that she can really flourish this year.





I've been really working on getting rid of all of the clutter we have acquired over the years in our house.  For some reason I have just been holding on to so much "crap" and I cannot explain it at all.  I've been slowly reducing the amount of toys in our house, because really my girls don't play with all the toys they have and they just make a big mess.  I am working on getting rid of bags of the girls clothes that they have outgrown and can't be passed down to Séamus.  I've gone through my half of the closet a few times and finally got Thomas to clear out a bunch of his stuff.  I've gotten rid of shoes I haven't worn since college and a whole bunch of decor items that have just been sitting in boxes the past couple of years.  And you know what? I don't miss a single thing!!! Ellie notices that some things are gone, she has the memory of an Elephant I tell you, but we are all still happy and she has so many other things.  It is so incredibly freeing both in the home and mentally to not have all that stuff here anymore.  I'm still going around collecting things and putting them into a bag to donate.  The best part about freeing up all the space is that I love having so much extra room that our spending on "stuff" has gone way down because I just don't want any more "crap" in the house!!  It is really making us think about what we are going to bring into our home.
 
 
Our plans this weekend: I'm hosting a Ladies Night with Oils tonight and then on Saturday we are going to get our Fall decor down from the attic and to start decorating our house!  I'm going to go for a more minimal look this year and will probably decide on donating some of our decor that I just don't use any more.  Rest assured there will be pumpkins and all sorts of good things still to decorate with.  I will be sure to post some pictures once we get it done!  Then Sunday we are planning to go to our State Fair and eat our weight in fresh hot scones!

What are you doing this weekend?



♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley