Wednesday, September 12, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 7

Sweet little Séamus it's hard to believe that just 7 weeks ago you were trying to make your appearance on the outside.  While I joked around that you were so much easier to take care of when you were in my belly you've actually been a super great baby and we feel so blessed to have your sweet calm demeanor in our family.  You have quite the go with the flow personality (something us 3rd borns have in common 😉) all while knowing that we will all dote on you forever and always!



Sleeps: Séa has been sleeping pretty good!  He's been taking a couple of serious naps each day (thank you swaddles) and then sleeps from about 7pm - 1am and then up again around 4:45am.  We started up work again and he's been a champ on the go! Before he was born I was completely torn on whether I wanted to get a Snuggle Me or not, then I thought about how nice it would be to have a portable lounger for him when we're at work.  So we used the Amazon gift card from Thomas coworkers and had one sent to our home.  Best decision ever!! It came to Disneyland with us, has moved from our bed, to the Halo, to his crib and back!!  He loves it and so do we.



Eats: boobies and more boobies!  He's able to get more at each feeding and they aren't taking as long as they were, I am so glad that I went in for a lactation consult and was referred for his lip and tongue tie.  We are still working on his latch and doing his tongue exercises the progress is slow but he's getting there.  At our lactation appointments he was getting anywhere between 3-4 ounces at each feeding, that makes me feel good knowing that I can provide him with his nourishment.  Nursing him for his first year is a goal of mine so I want to make sure that I am producing enough, so I got some Fennel Essential Oil in my Essential Rewards order this month and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it's going to support our Breastfeeding Journey!!

Goes: Just like his big Sister's Séa is our baby on the go!  Unless he's hungry he is a happy camper in the car.  We've gone to doctor appointments, school pickup, our nanny house, out to eat, out to target, and to visit with family!  Ellie loves to show him off and Finnley loves to give him is paci!




Wears: he definitely needs to be in size 1 diapers, I found a couple of newborns we had left and geesh they're a bit tight on him!  We're changing his diapers often and contrary to the girls on formula, just about every diaper has a poop...we've had a lot more poop-splosions and I can't quite figure it out because there really isn't that much in there - he just must use A LOT of force 😆😂.  He's growing out of some of his newborn clothes but the 0-3 is still a tad big on him.  He can wear the 0-3 sleepers as long as they don't have feet in them otherwise he gets super fussy when his feet come out and get stuck.  I had to snap a picture of him in this green dragon onesie before he grows out of it because it's one of my favorites ever!



Does: we're really working on the tummy time and he does great most of the time.  He can hold his head up and look around, he loves Finnley's puppy and that has given him a lot of entertainment (the girls too) for tummy time.  He is quite the grunter and it's so incredibly cute.  We also get to see a lot of smiles out of him when he is sleeping and they are just the cutest!





Mama: We finished up my first week back at work and all the kids had a great time playing with each other again! I'm happy to have a bit more of a routine and know that life is going to get a little bit more structured now that school is starting.  Ellie is starting Kindergarten this week and that means that we really have to get our act together in the morning, like every single day!! It's going to be weird without Ellie all day but I know that Finnley is going to gobble up the alone time she's going to get and it will be perfect for her.  I am going to rely on my Essential Oils to get me through it all.  I still can't get over how much they have supported me both mentally and emotionally this summer after having Séamus!  I just want to share the oily goodness with every one because I truly want all the people to get to have the support for their family that oils can provide!  Starting up an Essential Oils business is hard (starting up any kind of business is hard) especially when I decided to start just 2 weeks before I gave birth to Séamus, but when you love something and you're passionate about sharing it it keeps you going.  I love that I have something that is mine and that I can help contribute to our family and work around my own schedule and still get to be home with the kids. Let me know how I can help you get started with oiling, I would love to have you join my team and oil with me!!



Sisters: they are still OBSESSED with little bro!  Ellie is constantly giving him kisses, telling him she loves him all the time and wants to be a part of his every waking hour!!  Ellie is so ready for school to start and keeps asking if she gets to go to Kindergarten "in the morning". Finnley is always the first to alert us that "Baby crying" insists on touching him at all times (not always gently), rarely wants him out of her sight, and gets quite irritated that she isn't allowed to bug him while he is sleeping.  Finnley is a champ with her new sling and has adjusted quite well to missing an arm, she gets to be in the sling for 3 weeks and then we will have another Xray to check on its progress.

I was reading through the girls week 7 updates and it's crazy how similar and different all three are.  I made note of how much I wanted to nurture a sisterly bond between Ellie and Finnley - while they can get each other's goats at times they really do get along great and sharing a room has been awesome for them.  I think it's safe to say that they absolutely adore Séamus and that the sibling love and friendship will continue on and include him!





Previous Posts


Finnley at 7 weeks
Ellie at 7 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley