Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Weekending in late September

Well, Ellie finished up her first FULL week of Kindergarten and is still loving it!! I am so glad that she is having such a great time - it makes this transition so much easier on me.  Finnley is nearing the end of her sling wearing days (x-Ray on Friday) and we are all so excited for her to hopefully get it off!!  Séamus is almost 2 months old, is spending more time awake and we're getting some smiles out of him!!



FRIDAY

Ellie was off to school so Finnley, Séamus and I stopped by the store to pick up a few items for my Oils Gathering and then to home we went.  I spent the day playing with Finnley, feeding Séamus, and picking up the house.  I finally finished the ditch and switch in our kitchen and I am loving all things Thieves.
I've been doing so much research lately on what is actually in our products and am so disturbed with the amount of chemicals and toxins that our in our every day products.  Many of these chemicals and toxins have been linked to all sorts of health issues: breast cancer, reproductive issues, and thyroid dysfunction to name a few.  Thankfully there are alternative options and Thieves is my favorite.  The whole line is plant based and free of toxins and chemicals while being infused with Young Living essential oils to fight germs and give immune boosting support! So a cleaning product that not only cleans but supports my family's immune systems? SIGN ME UP!!


Additionally, I finally finished up Ellie's birth stats artwork.  I got both hers and Finnley's hung up in their room and now their walls aren't so bare.  I love how it turned out and having that quick reference to see how much they have grown over the years is so fun.  Not to mention it's pretty charming and nice to look at.  I love how they aren't exactly the same but similar enough that they look good together.



SATURDAY

We started our morning off right with some snuggles on the couch.  Finnley adores her brother so incredibly much which is great but she doesn't know her size and strength so it's equally terrifying.  I know as Séamus gets older it will get better, so I love encouraging their relationship!



I made a diffuser blend that seriously smells like Apple Cider Doughnuts.  The best part is both of these essential oils come in your Premium Starter Kit!! How cool is that?!!


Then we were off to breakfast, a stop at the Sprint store for Thomas to upgrade his phone (which we quite the challenge...) that took forever so I took the kiddos to the play area at the mall - which was just what they needed.  Finally after about 2 hours Thomas was done with his phone and we loaded up the kiddos to head to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for dinner.  We came back home and while Finnley was napping we had Séamus working on his tummy time and I cannot get over how great he is doing and how happy he is about it!  He even rolled over a couple of times, which is always exciting.





We had Pot Roast for dinner and I always use this recipe since it never disappoints!   Little man was tuckered out from all of his working out!  We finished out the night with a calming blend in the diffuser, our nighttime routine and the kids were all in bed around 8pm!!


SUNDAY

It started off with a very happy little boy!!


Then we got ready to head to the State Fair, little man was Tiggerific! and Ellie had fun hanging out in the crib.  We did all the best Fair things: we got a Map, checked out the animals, did the new children's exhibit, rode on the tractors, got a bunch of tickets to go on rides (the big slide, the fire truck, and Ellie's request of the Haunted Mansion), and got our scones.  Séamus and I had a nursing session and then he basically slept in the Ergo the whole time.  Ellie still isn't quite tall enough to go on most of the rides, so we are all crossing our fingers that by next year she can enjoy them all!!  I made sure to bring our Thieves spray and hand purifier with us because #germs













On the way home we dropped off Thomas at the Sprint store again since his phone was still not activating. When the kids and I got home our little Tigger played with some more tummy time and he was pretty proud of himself!  
Then Thomas got home and I headed out to Sprint to go get my phone updated.  Mine only took just over an hour to get everything figured out and activated.
Once I got back home, the rest of our afternoon consisted of us just hanging out and having left over Pot Roast for dinner. 




It was a pretty laid back weekend and we all loved it so much.

What did you do?

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley