Thursday, September 27, 2018

Our Favorite Banana Muffins

We've been making these muffins for over a year and they are even more delicious each time we make them.  I have adapted the recipe from here and we cannot get enough of them. 
My favorite part is that you can make these muffins with just ONE banana or double/triple the recipe for more bananas!  I also love that this is something that Ellie can help me make.


We probably make these muffins at least 3 times a month and as long as I make a couple before adding in the chocolate chips (for Ellie) then we can all enjoy them!  I usually make a double recipe so that we can have a dozen muffins and then that way we can enjoy them for a few days!

Single Recipe (makes 6 muffins)

Ingredients
1 ripe banana
1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1-2 drops Young Living Nutmeg Vitality
1/3 cup chocolate chips



Method:

Preheat oven to 350º

In a medium bowl smash up banana with egg and brown sugar until combined, it will be lumpy.



Add in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg vitality and stir until just combined.  Fold in chocolate chips.



Lightly grease muffin tin and evenly divide up batter.  I like to use a cookie scoop.  Bake for about 18 minutes.



I usually like to double this recipe because the muffins are just so good.

Doubled Recipe (makes 12 muffins)

Ingredients:
2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3-4 drops Young Living Nutmeg Vitality
3/4 cup chocolate chips


 Enjoy!!

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley