Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 8

It's been a whole 8 weeks since our little man graced us with his presence.  I can't get over how much I love him and how much our lives have changed.  We are totally and completely whole over here and it is glorious.  Séamus has the sweetest little personality and I am loving this mom of three thing...I have to be honest though, it's not always easy but it is TOTALLY worth all of it.  We haven't really had a chance to get into a rhythm with Ellie in Kindergarten because it feels like we have been totally on the run the entire time with doctor appointments, coffee dates, oil changes, and lots of other things to keep me busy 😉.  I am looking forward to time slowing down a bit - before we are full blown into the holidays...so I guess we'll maybe get a bout a week of rest before all that comes in to play!! lol



Sleeps: we've been off of our schedule just a little bit but I would say that Séamus is still a pretty good sleeper.  He is able to nap through the girls screaming and playing, which is awesome.  And he is still only up twice at night for feedings.




Eats: breastfeeding is still going on strong and his latch has improved tenfold since his procedure!  He is eating about every 2 hours or so and we're making sure to try both sides at each nursing session.  I'm sure that most breastfeeding Mama's are concerned with their supply - since we don't get to see it in a bottle - so I've been doing some learning and research and giving Fennel Essential Oil a try.  I just got it in my ER this month and I'm excited to see how it works.

Goes: we went over the mountain and along the river to my Inlaw's house!! I was so busy with lots of things that I didn't take any pictures and it was a total FAIL because it was Séamus first visit to their house!! We also did the other regular running around to Ellie's school, the grocery store, work, etc.




Wears: sweet little Séamus is still in the between size of NB and 0-3.  I'm starting to put him in more of the 0-3 and phasing out the NB. I love that he is growing and getting bigger!




Does: little man is doing great at Tummy Time.  He is pretty content doing it and I think he has a pretty strong neck!  We're also almost done with all of his mouth and tongue exercises for his lip and tongue tie and he is the best about it.  He's looking around a lot more and I think is starting to recognize us a bit more...he definitely recognizes the boobs!!



Mama: Ellie is back at school and I'm actually doing great for the transition...she loves it so I think that helps.  Also I used to work at her school so I'm totally comfortable with the staff and layout, plus it's the same school the my nanny kids attend so we've been going there for 4 years with them.  We've been busy with lots of things practically every day so I haven't really had to dwell on her being in school all day.  Of course I am lathering myself in my Joyful Mama roller ... so that is helping as well.  I just can't wait for things to calm down a bit so I can really put some focus and energy into some 1 on 1 time with Finnley and with Séamus as well as working on my Oils Business.  Having a purpose in life and the opportunity to share something that I absolutely love speaks volumes to me and I am so grateful for this opportunity!







Sisters: Finnley is all about "baby" and wants to be with him practically all the time.  She is an expert paci giver, crying alerter, and playmat companion.  Her collarbone is on the mend and she is doing splendidly with wearing her sling.  I can't get over how well she has adapted to only having one arm and all the things she can STILL do!!  Ellie is loving Kindergarten, talks about playing "soccer" at recess (though I'm told it's actually kickball), and wants to dye her hair a cool color like one of the girls in her class.  She seems to have matured exponentially over the last week and is seriously my little oiling sidekick!  Additionally, she is always wanting to give Séamus kisses and hugs, she wants to hold him all the time and whenever she is with him she is completely in her happy place.  She asked me the other day if they could all 3 have a shared birthday party because she just loves Séamus and Finnley so much!!





previous posts:


Finnley at 8 weeks
Ellie at 8 weeks 

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley