Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 9

You guys!! I seriously had to check myself and then realized that not only is Séamus 2 months old but he is also NINE weeks old!! I have no idea how that happened but here we are!!  He is cooing and smiling, gets the hiccups and drools like crazy.  I am head over heels for his sweet little noises and his blue eyes are so mesmerizing.


 (official stats: weight 10lbs height 22 3/4")

Eats: Séamus is still quite the boob man.  We are still breastfeeding and it is going strong and I love it so very much.  He nurses about 8 times or more a day and probably 2 times at night.  We have finished all of his post procedure exercises and his latch is so much better and breastfeeding is so much more comfortable and enjoyable.  

Sleeps: I think we've hit a little bit of a blurp with his sleeping, but we've also been pretty busy which is requiring him to have to sleep on the go.  Séamus still has some solid naps and is pretty done with the day around 7-7:30pm.  He gets up twice in the night still for feedings, I've stopped checking the clock so I have no idea what times.




Goes: Little man has been such a good boy with keeping up with our busy schedule.  We've taken Ellie to school, worked, gone to Ellie's cheerleading, been to the mall play area, and to the State Fair! Granted Séamus slept basically the entire time at the fair in the Ergo (minus the 10 minutes he woke up for a nursing sesh).  I just love that he is becoming a part of our family and our busy on the go way of life!




Wears: He is growing and I think this might be the last week that he's going to be fitting into his newborn clothes comfortably.  I've been slowly putting the items that are too small into a bin in his room and will have to make some decisions as to what I "need" to keep and what I can part with.



Does: Séa has been doing awesome at tummy time, he even rolls over from his front to back on both sides.  He loves his paci, gets his hands sometimes and makes the cutest little sucking noises.  He can track with his eyes a bit and smiles a lot!!









Mama: I am pretty sure that the postpartum hair loss has officially started...the amount of hair that comes out every time I brush or run my fingers through my hair is just plum crazy! I am still head over heels for my little man, breastfeeding has been awesome and I am so grateful that Séamus latch has improved.  I am about 10 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight already and I am hoping to stay within that range or less for the next few months.  More than that though I really want to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants because I am in a weird spot with my clothes and don't want to buy a new pair of pants in the size that fits me now because idk how long they'll fit for....but I might just break down and get a pair of jeans, we shall see.  I am so loving this stage of life and am really enjoying my new business and so happy for the opportunity to help some more with providing for our family.






Sisters: Finnley is my child with all the emotions: she loves hard, she cries hard, she laughs hard, and she gets mad hard.  When she is sweet she is the sweetest.  Lately I have been just enjoying her for all that she is and in all honesty she isn't too much of a complainer.  We walked pretty far from the Fair to our car and she insisted on walking instead of riding in the stroller, as we were walking I told her I would carry her if she got tired and she just looked at me and said "okay, up please" in the sweetest and most calm voice.  My heart just melted with how sweet she is and how great she is doing with her sling and collarbone recovery.

 
Ellie has started cheerleading and she loves it. As a former college cheerleader myself, I love that she is in cheer and it is so fun to watch her do it!  She is doing so great at school and I even had the chance to sneak a peek at her while at recess earlier this week and I just loved it so much.  She has been eating her lunch, which is probably a concern for most new to Kinder moms, and can relay what she did in school each day.  Ellie had so much fun at the Fair and basically going to do things like that is her love language.

 
Both girls are completely obsessed with their little bro, he is smothered in hugs and kisses pretty much all day long.



Previous Posts


Finnley week 9
Ellie week 9

 ♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley