Wednesday, October 31, 2018

What's Up Wednesday: October Edition

Happy Halloween!! I can't believe that we are already at the end of October.  It feels like it just started, alas it's time to get the kids dressed up and cross our fingers that it won't rain while we take them out Trick or Treating.



October has been exciting and full of so many things.  I am sad to see it go but I'm also super excited for November and to get into the holidays!

What we're eating this week: I made one of our favorite soups a couple weeks ago and I think that we're going to have to have it again on Soup Sunday. 
Other items on our menu this week: Prosciutto Chicken has been on my mind lately 
and I think that will be great along with Brewer Brown Rice
both of these are total crowd pleasers and really couldn't be much easier.  
Saturday I have pancakes on my mind and these are my favorites ever!
And I have some bananas that are looking a little sad so I'm going to make our favorite 



What I'm reminiscing about: That this time last year we had finished up all of my IVF injections, our egg retrieval and waiting for our transfer One Year Ago tomorrow!! Halloweens of years past.  I can't believe that this is going to be Ellie's 6th, Finnley's 3rd and Séamus 1st Halloween!! We're doing out best to make the most of it.


 my daily injections
 my final injection
 just before my Egg Retrieval
 2017
 
 2016





What I'm loving: all of my Young Living Thieves cleaning products, I have the Household Cleaner, Dish Soap, Foaming Hand Soap, Laundry Detergent, Essential Oil, Mouthwash, and Toothpaste. For year's I've been obsessed with cleaning my house and clothes to get rid of all the germs.  Little did I know that many of the ingredients in the cleaning products I was buying at the store were actually doing more harm than good.  I'm so glad that I decided to join Young Living and have access to safe, chemical and toxin free cleaning products that are boosting our body systems while really cleaning our home.  Also the number of products in our home has greatly reduced, which is an additional bonus because now things are falling off the shelves, spilling out of the bins, or being shoved into cabinets.



What we've been up to: we've been filling up our days with school drop offs, play dates, library visits, business meetings, MOPs, house cleaning, decluttering, reducing the stuff in our house, donating said stuff, decorating for Halloween, visiting the grandparents, going to pumpkin patches, diffusing Thieves and other oils, working on my business, school pickups, working, and just enjoying as much time we can as a family.








What I'm dreading: I can't really think of anything I am dreading.  I guess the only thing I can really think of is that Daylight Savings in nearing and I really don't like the time change.  It makes me annoyed at how early it gets dark once the time change happens.

What I'm working on: all things with my business. I am absolutely loving my Young Living business and having the opportunity to help out families lead a more toxin and chemical free life.  I love all the things that I am learning about what it actually in products that I used to buy, how essential oils are made and what they are used for, and the whole business side of it.  When I have someone sign up with me, I am so humbled that they have decided to put their trust in me and so extremely happy that they have made the decision to make their household a safer place to be.  That they are taking charge of their wellness and doing their part for the environment.




What I'm excited about: I am so excited that I get to be home with my kids and watch them build their relationships and bond.  I love that I am being challenged and growing into who I am supposed to be.  I am excited to watch Ellie come home from Kindergarten every day and to hear about what she is learning and how she is growing up.  I am excited to listen to Finnley's vocabulary explode and to see her little personality shine.  I am excited to see Séamus grow and develop, I cannot wait until he can sit on his own and then start crawling and walking.





What I'm watching/reading: I am reading up on all the oils in our FB communities, I love perusing through my Martha Stewart and Better Homes & Gardens magazines.  I just finished up the second season of "Anne with an E", we're back to watching "The Walking Dead" - I wasn't too excited about it before this season aired but now I am hooked again.  I also enjoy watching "The Gifted" and am crying my way through every episode of "This is Us".

What I'm listening to: podcasts have become my life.  I binged my way though "The Minimalist Moms" and it has made me realize how cluttered our house is and that I have it full of stuff that doesn't bring me joy, so I've been working on releasing that and it is SO good!  I am also loving  "Revolution Oils" I am learning so much about oils and I couldn't be happier.  I have a few other podcasts on my list but haven't really gotten too into them.

What I'm wearing: I'm between sizes right now so I'm alternating between joggers, maternity pants, and one pair of pull on jeans that fit.  I've been living in nursing tank tops and then any loose fitting shirt I can find that's easy to pull up for Mr. Séamus to have easy access.  Toms are pretty much my favorite shoe to wear because they are easy to slip on and off.  My hair has been shedding like crazy and now I fully understand the whole postpartum hair loss mess.  So my hair has been up in messy buns pretty much all the time.



What I'm doing this weekend: so much celebrating this weekend! We're celebrating our niece's birthday and then one of my good friends is having a baby shower for her sweet boy to come!  We're going to have some family time and I'm sure fill up any of our extra time with something outside of the house.

What I'm looking forward to next month: I'm so excited to get out the rest of my Fall decor and put away the Halloween stuff.  I'm super excited for Thanksgiving this year and am looking forward to spending it with family and to have Séamus there on the outside.  I am also excited to wear more scarves and sweaters and to continue working on my business!

What else is new: finding a rhythm with three has gone pretty smoothly, we've had our challenges and then with Ellie starting school it has really affected our daily routines.  So just figuring that out and to make sure that we are giving attention to each of our children is high on our priority list.  I feel like Thomas and I have come to a point in parenthood where we feel like we've got this sorta figured out and we know what each other's strengths and roles are, which is so nice.
We finally got Cooper's meds figured out and now the dogs are welcome to come in the house because we aren't fearful of Cooper just pissing everywhere.  This has made Finnley extremely happy because she loves to chase the dogs around.


Thanks for stopping by!!

♥ Ashley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley