Wednesday, October 31, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 14

This is a pretty big week for sweet Séamus.  He turned 3 months old and he is celebrating Halloween for the first time!!
I am in disbelief that on this day, just one short year ago, our little man was just a tiny 4 day old embryo chillin in a petri dish!!  Thomas took the girls out for Trick or Treating while I stayed home and just relaxed awaiting our very very big day.  
We had our five day transfer done on November 1st, 2017.  Séamus was our top embryo, earning a nearly perfect rating!!  and that has continued on because I have to say...he is still perfectly perfect.




Eats: little man is still exclusively on the boob.  He has gotten a bit distracted this past week during his nursing sessions, he'll nurse a little bit then pull off and give me the biggest grin...I adore it while also just want him to eat!!  My let down is much heavier in the middle of the night, maybe that's why he is still waking up twice in the middle of the night for it??

Sleeps: when he gets to be swaddled an in his SnuggleMe (after I've sprayed it with sleep spray) in his room, with the sound machine going he will take a solid nap.  He still sleeps in the car seat - which is great but I'm hoping to switch him into a convertible car seat this week, so it's time to work on the transfers.  Nighttime sleep is hit or miss.  The past several days he has been extra fussy right before bedtime so what I have been doing is putting a couple of drops of Peace and Calming II on my hands and rub on his swaddle and my shoulder.

Goes: I don't think that Séamus has ventured to anywhere new this week.  We did attend the Harvest Fest at Ellie's school this weekend and he slept his way through it.  We've also just been to the usual suspects: grocery store, school, home, and the car.




Wears: we busted out the Halloween clothes this week and he is filling out the 0-3 month clothes very well.  I'm thinking it's almost time to start putting him into some 3-6 clothes.  I am not even sure if we managed to get through our entire 0-3 stockpile!!  He is still wearing size 1 diapers.



Does: Séa is a total tummy time champ.  He's even started bringing his knees up under his belly so we might have ourselves and early crawler 🙏.  He has amazing head control, loves to look around and observe and we have been working hard on his core muscles getting him to sit up.  I just know that it's a whole new world once they can do that and they really are so much happier once they can sit!  We also carved our pumpkins this week, I sprayed the inside with Thieves household cleaner to preserve them longer and we used these punches to make the faces!!






Mama: I hit a new rank in my business this week, which is so incredibly exciting!  It's given me more motivation to keep on going and has really validated my desire to help bring wellness into the homes of friends, family, and acquaintances.  The more I learn about oils and toxin free products the more thankful I am to have them and the more I want to share them with everyone!!  I have also been trying to be super mindful of all the stages that Séamus and the girls are in because I know that these moments are fleeting and Séamus is the last.  His giggles and coos give me life, Finnley's obsession and desire to be next to him bring me great joy, and Ellie's willingness to help and desire to love on both of them is everything to me.  I am also just really remembering back to this time last year, when life was full of hormone injections, follicle studies, ultrasounds, and desire that our pipedream would become a reality.  I really had no idea what I was getting myself into, I was so hopeful yet still so very guarded.  I prepared myself for the worst and tried to not get too attached, to any of it.  Thankfully, our last ditch effort of IVF worked!! And here he is in all of his 3 month glory!!




Sisters: Finnley's vocabulary is blossoming.  She loves to grab the Boppy, climb up onto the couch and announce that she is ready to hold the baby.  She calls him Séa Baby, has picked him up and carried him on several occasions (including dropping him on his face when she got caught....), she plays with him, squeals in his face, laughs so hard, and just wants to poke his eyeballs out...the classic 2 year old.
Ellie is totally rocking it at school.  We got her school photos back this week and she absolutely nailed it.  She is constantly kissing Séa's head, wanting to hold him and has yet to pick him up.  She makes silly faces and really cannot control herself when she is overwhelmed with love for him, she will hug him no matter what!  She still wants to include Finnley in all the things and is truly the best big sister I could have ever dreamed of having.  It's because of her that I love 5 year olds!






previous weeks:

Finnley at 14 weeks
Ellie at 14 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley