Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 13

What?!! Little man is in the teens already!  We are seriously just living it up around here and I have to pinch myself that we are all here and complete and loving each other.  Little man did come down with a little bit of congestion and a cough this week and his poor little voice is hoarse...leaving him with the cutest and raspiest little cry!



Eats: nursing all day long and still a couple times at night.  His latch is so much better and his feedings are getting quicker.  He has been grabbing onto my tops a bit as he's nursing and right now, I think that is so adorable.

Sleeps: we are getting a longer stretch at night (which is very welcome) and I have been able to get him back into the Halo after his first feeding instead of keeping him in the bed!  Séamus has had many many naps in the car seat this week as it seems we just live in the car lately...anyone else?  Although when we are home and I have the chance to swaddle him up, get him in his SnuggleMe, and turn his sound machine on in his room we get a very substantial nap out of him.




Goes: we've been in the car a lot going to Ellie's school for drop off and pick up, we went to Ellie's school for her Parent/Teacher Conference (Spoiler: she is doing splendidly), we stayed home all day Saturday and Sunday, and he napped practically through Ellie's entire cheerleading practice.  We also had a play date at our house with the babies from our Centering Group.  It was so fun for the little tiny babies to have a "play date" and to hang out with their moms!



Does: little man still loves to do tummy time and is totally rocking it.  We are working on him sitting up (in my lap) to work on both those neck and core muscles.  He is smiling almost all the time (especially on his changing table) and I have even gotten a few laughs out of him.  He kicks his legs, bats at his toys, try's to suck on all the things, and just seems to enjoy watching his crazy sisters.



Wears: nothing too new here in this department.  Still wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 clothing.  He is back to getting frustrated with his footed sleepers (his feet don't seem to stay in and often times we'll find him in a "merman" state).

Mama:  I have been battling some congestion myself but finally feel on the up and up thanks to making a seasonal support roller (lavender, peppermint, and lemon).  I have started to go to sleep earlier so that I can maximize the amount of sleep I can get while Séamus is sleeping.  I hopped on the scale the other day and I am just over 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight! My body definitely has a different shape but sometimes that number on the scale is so reassuring! 
I am really enjoying my Oils Business and moving up in ranks and achieving goals is seriously giving me life.  I know I've said that I'm going to dedicate a couple of posts to that - they're in the works, I just have to proof and fine tune them a bit, so stay tuned!!  One of the things that I love about my business is the opportunity for cummunity - that is something I have been craving since I graduated college and I am so happy to be building one and also being a part of one.



Sisters:  these two girls will forever have my heart.  They both love Séamus so much but I really feel like their bond has gotten even stronger as the weeks go on.  They love to play with each other and are both so creative.  I love how they both include each other and are pretty good at sharing.  We've had our moments for sure and emotions run high sometimes but we're doing our best to raise them to share, love, and be friends with each other.  They both love to hold Séamus, and prefer to do so with the Boppy.  Oftentimes they will run over to the couch grab the Boppy and announce that "I'm READY" meaning they're all set up to hold their brother...which usually only lasts about a minute or less.  
Finnley is obsessed with her brother and has started to get physical with him.  I've caught her on multiple occasions dragging him around by his feet, and my heart dropped the other day when I walked into his room and she was carrying  him!!! Every time she catches me catching her, she drops what she is doing and exclaims "I'm sorry, I'm sorry"....so we have some major work to do.  She is strong willed and hard headed, so like with most things with her it's bound to be a trip.






previous weeks


Finnley at 13 weeks
Ellie at 13 weeks

♥ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley