Wednesday, October 17, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 12

Well we've officially had Séamus on the outside for 12 weeks meaning his fourth trimester has come to a close and we can expect to see some great changes.  So far we've gotten some great smiles out of this little fella, which are just the best.  He is cooing and making all sorts of fun noises.  He is much more aware and loves to just chill and hang out currently.  We made our second trip over the mountains to the Gparents house and he was a total gem sleeping the entire way there and back.



Sleeps: little Séamus is still waking twice a night to nurse.  We swaddle him for bed time (and naps if I can swing it), put him in his SnuggleMe, and into the Halo for bedtime or in his crib for naps.  He has been napping great during the day between his crib and in the car, because I feel like we are always on the go.  He even has taken some naps in the Ergo, which I love because I love to snuggle.



Eats: all the boobies all the time!  I totally don't mind the middle of the night feedings, but I would really like to eliminate one of them (preferably the first one) if I can.  So I think how I do that is to try and get him to nurse more during the day, so I am going to work on that.  Baby boy is still thriving and growing so I know he is getting enough, we just need to work on his schedule just a little bit now that he's older.  Breastfeeding is still my favorite thing and I do not miss bottles one single bit.  I am just so grateful to be able to nurse him and that I get to be with him all the time so that I can!!



Goes: like I mentioned above we drove over to see the Gparents and Séamus had a great time.  We made our way to Michaels, a pumpkin patch, to our nanny house, and multiple trips to Ellie's school!






Does: he is rolling from his back to his side (both directions) still rocking the tummy time, smiles, coos, and loves his sisters.  He is holding his head up like a rock star and isn't scratching his face as much.  He loves to get his diaper changed and is so much fun to get dressed.







Wears: all the 0-3 month clothes!! They are fitting him so well and I just love dressing him up!  We just got him some more pants, do you know how hard it is to find solid joggers for little boys...black ones especially?? I finally found some so we stocked up!!  Also, we were at our Nanny house this last week and someone had a major blowout...all I had with me was a diaper, a hoodie, and a pair of socks.  So we just went with it and I made sure to add in an extra outfit to the diaper backpack! 
rookie mistake or third time mom??



Mama: I was a little under the weather this week but still feeling great.  We've all been applying our wellness roller like crazy just to make sure we are giving our immune systems all the support they can get.  I keep thinking about how far we have come and that here we are 9 years later with a baby in our arms.  This past Monday was National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.  I will never forget the pain we endured, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I love our family so much.  Our daughter's are our victories and Séamus completes us.  I feel so much more equipped and prepared to be a mom after experiencing our losses and pain and I will never take our children for granted.  They are our greatest joys in life.

Sisters: Finnley continues to be obsessed with baby Séa.  She had a blast having some 1:1 time with the Gparents this last week but had all the heart eyes when she finally got to see her baby again.  She is the best little helper, loves to laugh and is the best trooper ever!  Her vocabulary is taking off and we are able to understand so much more of what she is saying.  She loves to sing and dance and tells us all sorts of things.  She is loud when I want her to be quiet and quiet when I tell her to be loud!  A classic 2 year old.
Ellie loves being a big sister.  Her obsession with both of her siblings is unreal and makes my heart swell with pride.  She loves to include both of them in all the things and then gets mad when they mess stuff up (mainly Finnley since Séamus just lays there) so she is pretty much the basic big sister.  She is loving school and enjoys doing her homework.  She has adjusted into this role of big sis and kindergartner very well.  Her independence and zeal for learning is growing every day and I keep commenting to Thomas that I just love who she is becoming so much.
Séamus is just so lucky to have such awesome big sisters.




Previous weeks


Finnley at 12 weeks
Ellie at 12 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley