Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 11

My heart skipped a beat when I wrote the title of this post.  How is Séamus already 11 weeks old?  That means that next week he'll have completed his 4th Trimester and we are well on our way to an infant!  Little man is growing and changing every day.  Every once in a while I will catch a glimpse of a similarity of either me or Thomas, but not very often.  However, we visited with my BFF this past weekend (we've known each other since we were both in the womb) and she commented right away that Séamus totally looks like my family!! So there we have it folks, we got the right embryo!!



Sleeps: I think the babe is still doing pretty good on this front.  Little Man is an expert at his naps and has been great at sleeping on the go this weekend.  We all get much better sleep when we're home but that isn't always possible so I'm just thrilled that he's been able to just go with the flow.  He is still getting up twice to feed.  Our doctor told us that he is old enough now he doesn't have to be doing that...but I have no idea how to drop one of the middle of the night feedings.  Especially since Séamus is still sleeping in our room in the Halo right next to my side of the bed.  So if you've got any tips - please send them my way.  I've been playing around with different diffuser blends to see if we can find a better match...my favorite sleep support is Cedarwood and I've been combining it with Gentle Baby the past few nights and I have to say, my sleep has improved!




Eats: still breastfeeding like its our job...because basically it is.  Our nursing sessions have definitely gotten much shorter since his lip tie procedure and the pain is basically nonexistent!!!  He is still eating all throughout the day and a couple times at night.  Lately we've been experiencing a little bit of spit up so I'm going to try to take better note of what I'm eating to see if that is effecting his spit up.



Goes: we've been out to Target (of course), to the Farmer's Market and with my BFF, to Ellie's school, to the Library (where he slept in the Ergo the entire time) and to her Cheerleading class.  As I mentioned above he is quite the little traveler and will sleep pretty much everywhere!  The past couple of days he has been less than thrilled getting into the car seat but seems to settle down quickly after he is buckled in.  Hopefully this is just a phase because his frequency in the car seat isn't going to diminish much here in the future.



Wears: we are still using size 1 diapers and have almost finished up all of the diapers that were gifted to us. Baby Boy is growing and filling out his 0-3 month clothing quite nicely and I love getting to see him in all the cute outfits we have!  It's so hard deciding which size of clothing to get because I'm just not sure how long he's going to be in each size for.  I've been able to get him to wear some footed sleepers and now that they fit him better he is tolerating them better.





Does: Séamus is holding his head up so well and loves to look around.  He smiles and coos and it's the best thing ever, I think we've even gotten some laughs out of him.  He is still rocking it at tummy time and has started to reach with his arms and kicking his legs!  He loves to play on his play mat (we're on our third baby with it and it still is a total hit!) and bat at all the toys, or lounge around on the Boppy as well. We've also been practicing sitting up and playing with our activity cube (similar here and here) which he seems to enjoy.  He is loving bath time and our nightly massages with YL Seedlings Baby Oil before getting his jammies on.





Mama: hanging out with my BFF was so good for my soul.  I also had a chance to get into the kitchen and make a few things this week which was so much fun.  I've been working on getting into a routine at night and I feel so much more ready to go to bed when I get everything done before the girls go down.  I've been changing into lounge wear (if I wasn't in it already), washing my face and putting on my DIY Glow Serum (recipe coming soon), applying my wellness roller and calm roller, and misting our pillows with a lullaby spray!  I have also been going through our house and posting things for sale/for free that we no longer use and just don't need taking up space in our home anymore.  I am all about minimizing what we have in our house.  I have also been really into Podcasts and have been listening to them in the car.  I am soaking up all this time with the kids and am just loving watching Séamus grow and learn!




Sisters: Ellie loves her brother so much! She is doing great at Kindergarten and comes home with stories every day.  I am able to get a lot more information out of her for what they did each day in Kinder than I was last year in PreK.  She has been enjoying doing her homework and sends herself to bed around 7:30 each night!! Can't argue with that!
Finnley is all about baby bro and has been trying to drag him around by his feet...when she catches me watching her she stops, lets go, and says "I sorry, I sorry".  Drives in the car have gotten so much better now that she is out of her sling and she just loves to play all day.  She is very much self driven and is perfectly content going off and "playing" by herself.  She is still BIG with her emotions and we are working on finding what's best for her.
Watching the three of them together is the best thing ever and I am so thankful to have this life.





previous weeks:


Finnley week 11
Ellie week 11

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley