Friday, April 27, 2012

Check That Off My List - Meeting Ree Drummond the PW!!!

  P-Dub, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman(via)


On Sunday night my friend Susie posted on her blog that she was going to meet the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, at her book signing in Seattle (technically Lake Forest Park) on Tuesday.  I was taken aback as I didn't know that the PW was coming to Seattle.  So I googled it and found the announcement page on her blog...Yep I remember it now just it was posted back in like January or something. A girl has got to learn how to write these important dates down on her calendar (note to self).  I commented on Susie's blog and on FB to let her know that I wanted IN!!  She gave me the run down on how the process worked.

I had to wait until the next day to call the bookstore (they were closed) and was able to buy my book over the phone to guarantee the earliest ticket I could get at that point.  Turns out I was in Group "G" which was the 7th group to go and there were 50 people (plus one if they wanted) in each group.  I thought I was destined to go to this even alone and maybe meet up with Susie for a little bit.  I told my MIL about it...she couldn't go because of work.  Luckily I had scored a half day sub job for the morning so I was off early to be able to go.  As I was on the phone with my MIL letting her know my plans (on Tuesday around 1pm) she asked her co-worker if she knew about the PW.  Mary said yes and made plans to meet up with me so we could go together.

I had heard a lot about Mary.  She is my age, super friendly, and totes cute!!  We had met once, at her Stella and Dot trunk show debut last week.  We met up at 3:30 in a parking lot to car-pool together.  What a dream!!! We didn't have to sit in traffic on the way there.  I had someone to sit with and converse with.  We got to know each other better.  It was great.  We got to the bookstore around 4:30, Ree wasn't scheduled to speak until 6:00pm so we sat and waited. Chatted it up with a few of the people sitting near us.  They came all the way from Port Townsend, over the ferry.  And I thought I drove a long ways!!

Finally 6:00pm came around and Ree gave a 45 minute speech/presentation.  She is a wonderful speaker and a total gas!!  She is SO witty!! I ♥ Her!!

After her presentation we waited...and waited....and waited....and waited some more for our Group to be called.  While we were waiting Mary and I chatted.  Found a table.  Got dinner and ate.  And then talked it up with the two ladies that were sitting next to us.  We exchanged life stories, our ambitions, hopes and dreams, business ideas, and contact info.  Heidi has her own company Bizzle Bites...search for it on FB.  She makes the CUTEST cake pops.  She even brought some for the PW!!


After HOURS of waiting our group was finally called at 10:15pm.  We waited in line for another 20 minutes and then FINALLY got to meet the PW and get our Cookbooks signed!!  (I still need to buy a cord for my camera so I can upload my pictures) the pics of me are from Mary's cell phone.

Remember once I hit 25 followers I will have a FAB giveaway you WON"T want to miss!!

♥ Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Yay I made the blog! lol. & great post! Again, thanks for letting me tag along that day. It was so much fun. Have you made anything from her book yet ?? Sorry my pictures weren't that great, so I can't wait to see yours from your camera when you get them uploaded. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley