Thursday, March 19, 2015

TGIF Blog and Instagram Hop!!

Y'all I'm so excited to be co-hosting this week for the TGIF Hop! I love linking up and checking out new blogs. 

But first lets celebrate that its Friday!  

Last week was a miracle.  Ellie slept nearly every night (all night) in her crib.  Then we went to my sister's cabin for the weekend where we shared a bed with her....we have had a nightly visitor around 11:30 each night since we came home.  I will take the small steps.

We have finally receive some rain lately and my gardens are loving it (so is my water bill!).  Springtime always makes me so excited but I have to remember what our weather is normally like and I have to wait until about mid-May to plant most of our veggies.  While we were at the cabin on Whidbey Island we visited a few farms.  I have finally convinced Thomas of my "need" for a greenhouse and we have decided to make one ourselves.  Its not going to be fancy, just some PCV piping and a greenhouse type fabric.  But I am so excited....I might even be able to grow a Meyer Lemon tree in there!!

Speaking of lemons.  I have been craving lemon bars like crazy lately.  I haven't done anything about it, yet.  Anyone have a good recipe they would like to share??

This weekend is going to be fun.  We have family coming over on Saturday for dinner, working in the yard (and farm) and then hopefully we might be able to make more progress on our Master Bath.  Don't worry I haven't forgotten about it.  I am just trying to decide whether I want to find two vintage type mirrors or get medicine cabinets.  I don't really need another excuse to get more sh!t to store inside of a medicine cabinet but I do think it would be nice to not have our toothbrushes out on the counter top. What do you think?  And then we just need to screw in the hand towel racks and decide on a tile and I think we will be done!

And finally, if you haven't had a chance to check out our GoFundMe page to help us raise money to adopt brother for Ellie, make sure you go do that!  When we adopted Ellie almost 2 years ago we had already spent much of our savings on Infertility treatments, failed pregnancies and surgery for a ruptured Fallopian Tube thanks to an ectopic pregnancy.  Then we chose to move forward with adoption.  With the help of some donations from friends and family, along with taking out a loan and re-organizing our debt we were able to bring Ellie home.  Now we are starting the process again but don't have the same nest egg we did with Ellie.  Before we can really even start the process we need to raise about $2,500 that will help pay for our mandatory Home Study update as well as re-application fees for our agency.  So far with generous donations we have already raised about $250!!  Any little bit helps whether its a monetary donation or sharing our GoFundMe page via social media! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for helping us to grow our family!  Ultimately our goat is to raise $10,000 which is about half of all adoption fees.


Now it's your turn!

♥ Ashley

In case you missed it 
Tuesday I shared our 15-18 month favorites
Wednesday I shared 31 random facts about me

Happy TGIF! Fridays have always been one of my up most favorite days of the week. Which is why I started this growing, fun, friendly, inspiring hop! I am thankful to have each and every one of you that link-up and share with us each week. Thank you! 


Celebrate with us making it to Friday!

The TGIF Blog & Instagram Hop is a Friday friendly hop where we hope you can blossom, meet and greet new bloggers. We enjoy having you. 




Each Friday we will feature our most favorite post from the previous week. It could be you! We also have a weekly Cohost spotlight, that is great to gain your blog some extra notice (enter here). 

The rules of the TGIF Blog and Instagram Hop Are simple!
1. Link-up any post or posts (no specifics) and your Instagram.
2. Grab a button and display it on your blog, in a post or somewhere visible to help us get notice for the Hop. Also helps us better feature your blog.
3.Be social. Comment and follow at least one blog you enjoy. 
4. Tweet out the TGIF hop. 
Tweet: Link up at the #TGIFhop with @kaitlynmarie003 @desireephillips @silviearmas @ryderbunch @scggirl #instagramhop #bloghop http://ctt.ec/8oM2V+



Meet This Weeks co host
we live on a little farm and are new parents to the most adorable little girl! 
follow us on our journey of parenthood and farm life!


Want to be our next Cohost with a special spotlight?! Cohost Form HERE.


 This Weeks TGIF Feature
From the blog of: Simply Anchored 
Be sure to check her blog out: here.





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to have found you on the link up today! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley