Monday, June 10, 2013

Birds and the Bees (Baby Shower #2)

I know what you are thinking "two posts two days in a row?"

Yes it's true. Girlfriend is sleeping so I am getting some blogging time in!!

On Saturday we had our second baby shower and the little one got to attend again! How fun is it actually have the guest of honor present at the shower?? Probably the best!  Sure it was a little difficult getting by on just a little bit until we had the shower but it was so fun at the same time!!

My brother-in-law's fiancé ( I get to call her that now since they just got engaged last week!!!!) asked me about a month ago if she could host a baby shower for us. I said OF COURSE!! I mean really who denies a party?!?!  She asked if I had any ideas in mind and I said I really like the idea of a Birds and the Bees theme. And run with it she did!!

The invites were adorable. 


Love them!!

Then just about everything was bee themed. The colors were grey and yellow ( my current color combo obsession) and then just adorable little details all over!!

The cake was delish. The table was perfect and I even got to have those paper straws that are everywhere!!


I love the glass snack plates. I inherited a bunch of them from my mom and I was so happy to get to use them. 

Cute little bees welcomed everyone in since the sign they ordered didn't arrive in time. ( it actually arrived that afternoon) 
Adorable so glad I get to keep it!!

We had really fun games and activities. The guests were given a little pink clothespin when they came in and weren't supposed to say "baby" if they did they had to give it up. Whoever had the most at the end got a prize/gift. My sister won!!

Also the guests got to make headbands for E and I judged them and picked the two I liked beat (actually Thomas was there too and he picked one and I picked one) and the winners got a prize/gift. 

One if the most exciting and best parts was that my daddy got to come and partake in the festivities. As well as meet his first grandchild for the first time (he was on a European cruise when she was born). 

And he got to hold her

He wanted to match and wore the headband he made for her!!!

We got lots of great gifts for the little girl. 

We had a lot of fun opening them and I was so happy that the hubs was there to enjoy and help out. 


Girlfriend and I had a fabulous time and she looked so cute dressed up for the theme as a little polka dot honey bee!!!


We just had the best time and I am so thankful for everyone that came and have prayed and given us support through this whole adoption journey. We are so happy that she is here and are so grateful for her birth mom giving us this opportunity. 

♥ Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just fantastic party photos. My niece has just born and we want to host a fun family party for celebration of her birth. The bee themed party is a good idea. Gratitude for inspirations! Now I am looking for affordable Venues in NYC for this bash. If you have any ideas then please share.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley