Tuesday, June 25, 2013

[recipe] Best Pancakes Ever!!

Ahh the memories. Friday nights after football games in high school my friends used to come over and we would have pancakes!  It was a tradition I hope that Ellie will do as well (but I can wait 14 years).  My mom made the best pancakes and I am so happy to have her recipe!

First gather your ingredients and a mixing bowl. 

For a full recipe you will need: 
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1 T oil
and Milk (enough for consistency ~ 1 cup)

Directions:
Combine all dry ingredients and mix together with a whisk. Then add your egg, oil, and drizzle in a little milk. Whisk together and add milk as needed. 

(We like chocolate chip pancakes so I add them in now and mix together) 


The key to nice crispy fluffy pancakes is a hot pan, hot oil, and room temperature batter.  Make sure you pan is piping hot and the oil is too. Then drop a spoonful of batter and let cook until it bubbles, then flip and let set about 1-2 minutes and then you are ready to eat!



Yumm!!!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley