Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Ellie Lately

It's been a while since I've dedicated a post to just one of the kids and I love looking back and seeing what they were up to at different ages.




So here is Ellie at 5 years and 3 months


She is about to start Kindergarten and is so incredibly excited for this new adventure.  She does have some reservations about making new friends, but in all honesty that shouldn't be a problem for her because she is so outgoing, friendly, goofy, and kind.  However, it's totally normal for that to be a concern and the fact that she cares about it really makes me love her so much more.  We went out and got her school supplies and it was so fun to see the items she was interested in and picked out, she got a Minnie Mouse backpack at Disneyland, she wants to use her Belle lunchbox from last year and we just got a Yumbox to go inside from Amazon.  She is so excited to play with friends and to learn.  She keeps asking me to teach her how to read so I think that she's ready for school!




I am so happy that she is eating a bigger variety of food, which is going to make making her school lunches easier (fingers crossed).  Some of her favorites: goldfish, broccoli, buttered noodles, carrots, peas, plain white rice, cornflakes, turkey, ham, shrimp, fish, pears, scrambled eggs, toast, cherries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, green beans, raw mushrooms, pretzels, applesauce, and corn.  I'm also hoping that she'll try some other foods because her peers like to eat it at school.


Ellie is constantly drawing and making letters on paper.  Little notepads are the big winner's for her this summer.  I've noticed that she has made a lot more "projects" for me since Séamus was born.  She is working on her art and is drawing lots of people (mainly me with a baby in my tummy).  She loves to paint and has created quite the collection that she wants to set up a stand on our driveway to sell her paintings.



She has finally learned how to swim and her confidence in the pool is the best.  I love that she wants to jump into the pool by herself, doesn't have to plug her nose to go under water, and can kick and move her arms all while floating on her own.  She does much better with her goggles on but the fact that she still swims without them speaks volumes to how far she has come.  In addition to swimming she loves to dance and do gymnastics.  She can't wait for summer to be over so I can sign her up for Cheerleading!!!  I love all the things she is into and her matter of fact tone when she tells people what she can do makes me smile.


Ellie has quite the "fashion sense" and comes up with some pretty creative outfits.  She loves to wear dresses (because they're easy for her to put on all by herself) and has a few in particular that have made multiple appearances lately...like her long sleeved sweater dresses almost every day this summer... Luckily for all of us she doesn't complain when she gets too hot!  She loves her long hair and can brush it by herself - and prefers to! She wants to be like Rapunzel and have long hair...a girl after my own heart.


She loves her sister something fierce, though try as we might she prefers to call her Sister instead of Finnley.  She is great at sharing, helping Finnley out, managing Finnley's outbursts, and sharing a room with her.  If her love for Finnley was any indication for what her love might be like for her brother...we had no idea! She loves him so much, wants to hold him all the time, can't wait to feed him a bottle (still several months off from that), is interested in everything he does, and talks about him constantly.




Another thing that I love about Ellie is that she loves to help keep things clean (except when she is playing).  She is great at helping me clean up the house to vacuum, she loves to help mop the floors, and is constantly telling Finnley not to make a mess in their room because she "likes it neat and tidy".


 
She is my oiling buddy and helps me to remember to apply their wellness roller, fill up their diffuser at night, and ensures that our living room diffuser has a good blend going.  She knows the power of oils and how beneficial they are to us! Come Oil with Us here!!


Oh sweet Ellie Faith, I love you so much and love who you are becoming.

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley