Wednesday, August 29, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 5

These weeks with sweet Séamus just keep flying by!!  We've been doing our best to stay healthy and enjoy these last days of Summer as best we can.  This week Séamus celebrated his One Monthday! went to the doctor, checked out the Science Center, took his first Ferry ride, and has been the best baby!



Séamus's 1 Month Stats:
weight 8lbs 10oz
height 21.5"



Sleeps: we started swaddling little man again and it's made quite the difference in his sleeping along with our diffuser going.  We also moved him out of our bed and into the Halo Bassinet right next to me.  He has been going to bed around 9pm and wakes up around 1am and again around 4:30am for feedings.  He naps in our arms, in the swing, and his best naps happen in his room when he is swaddled, blinds closed, sound machine on and lavender in the diffuser.




Eats: boob boob boob! I've noticed his seal hasn't been great and some milk has been leaking out during his feeds so we have an appointment with a lactation consultant this week to get that checked out (and to see what we can do about my nipple pain).  When he's up and being more active he is eating about every 90 minutes.



Wears: Séamus is growing! He is officially in size 1 diapers and his newborn clothes are starting to get a bit snug on him.  Which makes me happy and sad all at the same time (I love some of his NB outfits but am so glad we can start putting him in the plethora of 0-3 month clothes we have).  He wears the cutest footed sleepers that are so incredibly soft but also has quite the collection of onesies and pants.



Goes: his first Ferry Ride, out to Dim Sum, to the Pacific Science Center, and the doctor.  He has been quite the good little traveler and seems to like his car seat quite a bit.  The girls are great in the car with him, when we drive Thomas' car both Ellie and Finnley love to help give him his paci (or this one)





Mama: I'm still really enjoying nursing (even though it's painful at times...another reason we are going to the lactation consultant) and love that we haven't had to wash bottles or mix formula, I love that I can still continue to provide for Séamus and his nutritional needs.  I am getting anxious for my 6 week appt - that had to get rescheduled due to Finnley needing another xray - and to get the go ahead to start doing some exercising and working on getting back down into my pre-pregnancy clothes.  My maternity pants are still super comfortable but they are getting pretty loose on me but my pre-pregnancy are just a little too tight, like I can't even get them buttoned, but I don't want to buy new pants that I will only wear for a short amount of time.. I've been applying lavender and frankincense daily to my incision to support its healing and diffusing our nighttime blend has really supports my sleep.  I have also been rolling on my Joyful Mama blend on my wrists and over my heart for some emotional support.




Sisters: Ellie is still all about giving Séamus all the kisses and loves.  She is constantly wanting to hold him and be near him.  She is so excited for Kindergarten to start and has matured like crazy since bringing him home. Finnley loves to point out the "oh baby" and still needs some major work on being gentle.  She flat out refuses to leave him alone when she is snuggling with him and gets quite upset when we have to physically remove her from him.  Despite her broken collarbone she is still straight Cray Cray and wants to do all the things, running around like a mad woman is her favorite, swinging is a close second, followed by trying to jump on all the things is third.  I think its safe to say that everyone is completely smitten with him.










Previous Posts

Séamus week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4 

Ellie week 5
Finnley week 5

 ♥ Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley