Wednesday, August 8, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 2

I can't believe another week has passed and our sweet boy Séamus is 2 weeks old already.  While he is still a tiny peanut and still fitting into all the newborn things (clothes and diaper) he has already gotten so much bigger!  He is a true joy in our lives and all of us are completely smitten with him and the 9 year wait for him was totally worth it!


and runners up for the weekly photo:





Sleep: Little Man is all about the sleep.  He is still figuring out a routine (and so are we) we've had some nights where he only gets up twice and then other nights where he's a cluster feeder and totally unsettled.  Such is the life as a newborn.  My favorite thing is how they are able to sleep through so many things at this age and I'm hoping that he continues this trend...for life 😜.




Eats: boob juice and more boob juice.  This babe is all about the boobies and I can't complain about it.  Nursing has been a huge desire of mine and I never got to do it with the girls so having this opportunity, I am all over it.  Just like his sleep habits, his eating routine is all over the place.  Sometimes he'll nurse for over an hour while other times it's closer to 10-15 minutes. He can go anywhere from 45 minutes to 4 hours between nursing sessions but always seems satisfied after.  He hasn't been to gassy or much spit up which is a welcome change from Finnley the spit up Queen! We have both the Boppy and the BrestFriend pillow and I really like them both.



Wears: we decided to invest in some more newborn sized outfits for him because he is just so tiny!!  I finally did a load of wash this week and got it put away and we are bursting at the seams with 0-3 month and 3-6 month sizes.  But now we have quite the arsenal of Newborn and it's nice having new duds for our little man. He is also still wearing newborn sized diapers.




Goes: this week little man went to my one week check up with my Midwife and was the highlight of their day, to the Y for swimming lessons (for the girls) and gymnastics.  We went out to a few restaurants, to the mall, and my family came over for a visit with him...where we all got 0 pictures 😔.  And Thomas' parents made a few trips over to see our boy as well.




Mama: I'm loving this newborn stage more this time than ever before.  Not only am I totally smitten with this sweet little boy but the JOY that I have watching both Ellie and Finnley dote on their brother is everything.  I feel so confident in taking care of all three of my kids (and the fact that I don't have to do very many diapers is a bonus).  I also adore that Thomas has been on Summer Break from teaching so that we can have a ton of family time and so he is around to help so much while I am still recovering from my Csection.





Sisters: Ellie is still completely obsessed with her little brother and Finnley is really starting to warm up to him.  The amount of kisses he receives from his sisters is incredible.  Ellie had totally rocked her Big Sister role again this second time around and at 5 years old is the best helper ever!  Finnley is doing a splendid job as a Big Sister as well, she is a great helper and loves to help put things away and ensure that all the buckles everywhere in our house are taken care of 😉 Her current motto in life: "leave no buckle left undone" which includes; swings, car seats, helmets, nursing pillows, backpacks, etc.



Previous Posts:
Séamus Birth Story

Séamus week ONE
Ellie at TWO weeks
Finnley at TWO weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley