Wednesday, August 1, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 1

How has it already been a week since this little love finally made his appearance?!  We're loving every single second of it (including the sleepless nights, sore nipples, and post partum recovery).  The girls are adjusting very well and we've been busy with something just about every day.  We are so looking forward to when things settle down just a bit, which will probably happen just in time for our trip to Disneyland 😉 and then we'll have to start all over!



I decided to do the weekly updates with Little Man because I have them for Ellie and Finnley and I love having the ability to look back and see when they hit their milestones...plus this is my baby book of sorts so I just get to do it because I want to!



The Stats:
weight: birth weight 6lbs 8oz, discharge weight 6lbs 4oz, first visit weight 6lbs 2oz, lacation consultant weight 6lbs 11oz, and one week check up weight 6lbs 15oz!! Boyfriend is quite the eater and becoming a chunk.

height: at birth 20 inches, one week check up 20.5 inches.  He's growing already and we all know that's not from my genetics 😜.






Sleep: little Séamus is quite the sleeper this week.  He is either sleeping or eating.  So not really expending much energy which probably explains his ridiculous weight gain.  We move him around quite a bit so he gets used to sleeping in all the places: Halo Bassinet, Snuggle Me Organic lounger, MamaRoo, the Boppy, and of course my favorite spot in our arms.



Eats: on the boob all day every day!! A minimum of 12 times a day if not more - that probably explains his weight gain as well!  At our one week appointment our Dr. came in and instantly knew how to pronounce Séa's name and then exclaimed that he had the biggest weight gain he'd ever seen and not to tell all the other mothers in the waiting room about it (so I'm telling an even bigger audience here on the blog 😂) and that maybe I should bottle up my liquid gold and sell it on Etsy!!!  These are the reasons I love our doc!!  (If only we could find a GP for ourselves who's equally as awesome)

Wears: he fits into Newborn pretty well.  The 0-3 we have "in stock" are a bit big on him but I am loving seeing him in all the hand me downs from his big sisters (the non flowery, gender neutral ones of course 😉).  We did get him a few new items to wear that are newborn size but since we weren't sure of his birth size we mostly invested in the next size up.  If you follow me on IG (@lifewithkidsblog) then you saw that Thomas made a solo trip to Target the other day and decided we needed to improve Séamus' hat game...so he picked out a set of 3 and they are ADORABLE!! 







Goes: where hasn't this Little Man gone?  We made our inaugural first outing to Target (just like with the girls), he's been to two different Dr. offices, the Lactation office, IKEA, the mall, and out to eat at Din Tai Fung.  He has done amazingly at all locations and I even have had the opportunity to breastfeed while out and about!  Walking into IKEA he was getting a bit irritable and I was able to get us all set up nursing while walking from the car before we even made it inside, then I found a nice comfy chair in the waiting area and plopped down for about 15 minutes before we got started with our shopping!

 one week post!




Mama: recovery from a C-section is no joke y'all.  I thought that my stomach hurt after my ectopic rupture surgeries but this is like no other.  It's been even more difficult because it is hard to roll over and grab the hungry boy in the middle of the night for feeding and all those other things I took for granted with the girls.  Breastfeeding is actually going pretty well, it took us a little bit to get into a rhythm and there is still some pinching and discomfort but I'm confident we'll smooth out and go for the long haul.  Pregnancy wasn't everything I expected but so far in this 1st week Breastfeeding has exceeded anything I ever thought it would be.  I'm super tired and have been taking naps every day and I am so Thankful that Thomas is on Summer Break from teaching that he is here full time for this transition with all these changes.










Sisters:  Ellie has declared that Séamus is her baby and wants to be holding him all the time.  She has this Big Sister role down pat and is seriously the baby whisperer.  I am so proud and love watching her be so involved in her siblings lives.  She is also doing a great job at playing with Finnley and just overall being the best ever!  
Finnley loves her little brother as well.  Just as I predicted she would figure out this Big Sister thing.  She's not as attached to me as she was before (which is nice but also kind of sad) however, she loves getting "all the things" for baby, who she declares his name is Baby and not Séamus 😂.  She loves to give him kisses and is imitating with her stuffed animals all the things we do with Séamus, including feeding her babies, putting them in the MamaRoo, and "changing" their diapers.  It's the sweetest ever ever.

Previous Posts:
Ellie week ONE
Finnley week ONE

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley