Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 3

Our sweet boy, Séamus, has been on the outside for a full 3 weeks and we all couldn't be more in love.  He is becoming more awake and aware which is so fun and he truly has been such a joy in our lives!


Sleep: he is still quite the sleeper.  I love that he sleeps just about anywhere and through just about anything.  You know I love to vacuum and the fact that he sleeps through it right now is the best...hopefully he'll continue to be able to do that and I can vacuum forever 😊.  We love the SnuggleMe for lounging in and he's taken quite a few snoozes in it as well!



Eats: milk, milk, milk!! This boy loves the boobies! We call him our little Boobie Boy!  I'm EBF on demand and when Séamus wants the boob I give him the boob, which seems like he wants it just about all the time when he is awake 😜.



Wears: Little man is still rocking all the newborn clothes and diapers.  We are nearing the end of our newborn diaper stash, so we will be transitioning to the plethora of size 1 diapers we have on hand.  It's been so fun dressing him up in all the boys clothing as well as seeing him rock some of the same clothes as his big sisters.



Goes: We are still an out and about family.  I had another doc appointment this week to check my incision which had a little leakage happening so we made the most of our trip to the city and went out to eat and to the beach!!  We've also gone on quite a few walks with our new stroller (number 7 for us - but I sold 2 already so we only have 5 😂😂) and I have to say that it moves the best out of the three doubles we've had.  I can push and turn it with one hand which is ideal when you have 3 (or two) kids!! We've been to swimming and gymnastics at the Y as well as a handful of restaurants.  I've also been using both my Solly Baby Wrap and the Ergo, both of which are great.  The Solly is much better for his size and age...but I find myself reaching for my Ergo because of it's ease of use.






Of Note: Séamus lost his umbilical cord stump on Sunday August 12! He held onto his the longest and I'm so looking forward to bathtime with 3 kiddos!! We also started tummy time this week and Séamus seems to be a fan, third child and he likes it.




Mama: still loving the breastfeeding journey that I have longed for and yearned for for so long!  I nurse him anywhere and everywhere and it just seems so natural for me.  Our latch still can use some work at times but we are only 3 weeks in on this journey so I'm not surprised that we have work to do.  My emotions PP have also been great and I really have to attribute that to my Oils!! They have been instrumental this week with Finnley getting her collarbone broken, newborn shenanigans, PP csection recovery, and a 5 year old who also wants attention.  We have basically been dousing ourselves with Joy, Stress Away, Lavender and Grapefruit giving us all the emotional and calming support we can get!!



Sisters: both are completely obsessed with their Little Brother.  Ellie is constantly giving him hugs and kisses, which is great except when he is just going down for a nap or is completely content on his playmat... Finnley loves to pat his head and repeats "oh baby, baby" over and over again.

Finnley got her collarbone broken on Friday afternoon and it's not been our favorite trying to get her to stay calm and relax.  Keeping her sling on has also been a challenge but we've found that putting a shirt on over the sling has been helpful.





Previous Posts:

Séamus Birth Announcement
Séamus Birth Story

Séamus week 1, week 2

Ellie week 3
Finnley week 3


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley