Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday Meals Mashup

Y'all I cannot believe that it is already Monday again!!

We had a super busy weekend with wedding festivities and of course being the "awesome" blogger that I am I have no pictures of the night - so I will be stocking FB for pictures! It was a fabulous night and everything came together beautifully and the bride was GORGEOUS! 

Ellie was a total trooper and well behaved during most of the day. She got a little excited during the ceremony but had good comedic timing! During the reception she was great and loved the dance floor!

I can't believe that my baby brother is finally married. It took long enough that is for sure!  Now the happy couple is off on their European honeymoon for the next couple of weeks! How lucky are they?!?!?!

Sunday was a day of recovery for us and we went astray from our menu and had some burgers for dinner! So good y'all!

We hit up the splash pad this morning and girlfriend had a BLAST. She was made for water!



Here's what's cooking on the farm this week:



a few weeks ago we made a trip up to Seattle and stopped at Uwagimaya (an Asian grocery store) and got some jars of Indian and Thai curry sauces. 

Monday: we cracked open a jar of Butter Chicken sauce and simmered it with some chicken, green bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. We serve it with plain white rice and some Naan from our local Safeway bakery. 

Tuesday: we still have some left over ground beef from an awesome sale and are having the last of our ranch burger meat. How I do it is get some ground beef and mix in some dry ranch dressing seasoning with a little black pepper and then make your patties (be sure to simple the center so they stay flat). Then we grill them and top with cheese and our fave fixin's. 

Wednesday: I'm going to cook up a jar of  Panang curry with chicken, beans, peppers, broccoli and mushrooms. Then serve with a side of rice and it's going to be yummy!

Thursday: I made some linguine carbonara last week and it was so good that it's making a repeat appearance. I'll be sure to take photos of the process so I can post the recipe!

Friday: it's our 6 year anniversary!! How did that happen? I swear we just had our wedding last year!! I am more in love with Thomas now than I was back then and I know that life is just going to keep getting better and better. Not sure exactly what the plan is but we will be going out for dinner. 

Saturday: a new pizza place just opened up down the street and I think we might go check it out!

Sunday: since we skipped the soup last week let's try it again this week!

What's cooking in your kitchen!?

-Ashley 


2 comments:

  1. That splash pad looks so awesome!

    Funny that you and Courtney both had baby brothers getting married the same weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great meal plan! And happy anniversary!!!! We are almost to 6 years in Dec…special time.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley