Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Séamus Weekly - week 18

I can hardly believe that yet another week has passed and our sweet little boy, Séamus is one week older!!  We had quite the week with Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, Séamus 4th Monthday, and Cyber Monday!! 



Then little man had a doctor appointment and Finnley got to tag along because, SAHM life.  Finnley really does not like the doctor.  She starts bawling when we walk into the waiting room, refuses to stand on the scale, and tries with all her might to not look at the nurse (or doctor for that matter).  This is also true for when it's not even her appointment.  She just cannot do the doctor.  NOT this time though! It was probably the best appointment she's been at since she was 1 week old!  To start the story....I actually forgot about the appointment, until our doctor called to ask if we were coming.  Then I loaded to two kids up into the car and whisked our way to the office.  I brought Finnley's Magic Blue Unicorn Roller and rolled it on the back of her neck, on her shoulders, and her wrists.  She was in the best of moods, walked into the exam room, chatted with the nurse and even gave the doctor a high five!!  I mean who is this girl?? 
Séamus was a champ for his appointment.  He is 24 3/4" tall, weighs 12lbs 4oz and his head measured 16".  He had to get an oral vaccination...which he was really "good" about taking but spit a bunch of it out.  He also got two shots and handled the first one well, the second one was a little too much and he started to cry.  I was able to comfort him and he stopped crying after about 30 seconds.  Then the doctor came in and did his examination then started talking to me about Séa's weight.  I honestly did not expect to ever have the conversation about formula, but these doctor's and the way their brains work...anyways at this point I feel confident that Séamus is healthy, thriving, and developing right on track that the only changes I am making is being more diligent with my Fennel Roller, increasing my water intake, and ensuring I'm getting enough calories.



Eats:  well as I mentioned above Séamus is still nursing.  We breastfeed multiple times a day and a few times a night.  I posted about how much I love nursing him on my IG the other day and I am really just focusing on how good it really is and to get our doctor's comments out of my head.  I have had several conversations with friends over the years regarding this topic and I've always said to them, that as long as baby is healthy, thriving, and developing then they are enough...I just need to make that my mantra.



Sleeps: baby boy is still swaddled and sleeps the best that way.  He has managed to escape at least one arm most of the time but is still able to sleep.  I have been trying to see if we can ditch the swaddles but some times he is just not ready for it.  He has managed to fall asleep a couple of times all on his own both on his playmat and in his crib...so I know it's possible it just doesn't last too long.






Wears: I am slowly switching out the 0-3 and bringing in more of the 3-6 into his dresser.  He is also still in size 1 diapers but I made sure to switch it to size 2 for our next shipment.  I have been doing some research and am wondering if I am using the best diapers for my sweet little boy.  It's just crazy the ingredients that they put into these diapers that sit on our babies (near their reproductive organs) for years!! I can't wait to be done with them.  So if you know of a disposable diaper that is low in toxins and chemicals I would love to know!!




Goes: we made a road trip over the mountains to my in-laws for Thanksgiving.  Little boy was the best traveler sleeping practically the whole time, the girls did amazingly well too.  We spent all day Thanksgiving in their house and then ventured for out on Friday for about a 3 hour trip and Séamus slept the entire time!! It was wild, I was able to transfer him from the car seat to the ergo and back!! Amazing!  He also went to his 4 month appointment.





Does: he loves to play in his exersaucer, rolls over, loves tummy time.  He has continued to squeal with delight when he is happy, grunts and coos and squeals when its nursing time.  He has been grabbing his feet a lot, arching his back when its time to get into the car (half the time), and loves to stand up with our assistance.  He can track us with his eyes and looks around when he hears our voices.  When he sees me, he gets the biggest smile.


Mama: aside from the comments at his appointment, I am doing great!! I am enjoying all of this time with my kiddos.  Watching them grow and mature and develop is the best.  Being home is probably my favorite thing because not only to I get to be a part of my kiddos daily lives but they get to spend all day together forming a bond and friendship that they wouldn't necessarily otherwise get to have.  I had some great sales with my business this week and I ranked up to Executive (YL income disclosure)!! Which is such an accomplishment that I really wasn't sure was going to happen!!  I had hopes and dreams that this would happen but I figured it wouldn't happen until the New Year, thankfully I have the best Leader and without her I wouldn't be as successful as I am.  I absolutely love that I can share oils with people and help them bring a new Wellness Journey into their homes and lives!! Want to join my team?? Enroll here!!




Sisters: Oh my word these two girls are absolutely rocking at life.  Finnley is talking more and more every day and I can understand more and more which is so fun.  She completely adores her baby brother and must be near him 75% of the time.  She loves to be near all of us and has begun requesting to "Cuddle Mama" or "Cuddle Dada" on the daily.  It is just the sweetest thing ever.  She has also started to like being held and will walk up to us and as us to "Carry" her.  I just love seeing her little personality shine through.  She does get very frustrated when she asks for something and we cannot understand it.  Finnley still does a great job at independent play and loves to build things.  She also has an affinity for small objects (anything will do) and will be attached to them for hours, or days.  Her current favorites are: a fold up map from Disneyland, a battery operated tea light candle, and a toy phone.
Ellie is doing so well at school.  She is loving learning and is so interested in all of the letters.  We were watching the tv the other day and she read the word FOX for the channel icon.  It was seriously the coolest thing ever!! Ellie is constantly saying words and letting us know which letter it starts with and she has been counting and doing math on her own all the time.  I just adore how much she is loving learning and what a sponge she is. She also has a loose tooth which just makes my stomach turn.  This is the one thing that I have not been looking forward to because it just grosses me out so very much.  She doesn't seem to be too interested in losing it and seems to think the Tooth Fairy is going to give her chocolate for it...which she is not a fan of.  Additionally she cannot keep herself away from Séamus and must attack him with a million kisses ten thousand times a day.
Sometimes I just find myself smiling as I watch them all be themselves and am so grateful and blessed to get to be their Mama.








Previous Posts:


Finnley at 18 weeks
Ellie at 18 weeks

♥ Ashley






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley