Saturday, November 23, 2013

National Adoption Day

November is Adoption Awareness Month and today is National Adoption Day. 



This celebration hits close to home because our daughter is adopted. I can say first hand that adoption is an amazing thing. The birth moms who make this decision are so incredibly strong and giving. I can't imagine carrying a baby around growing in your tummy for 9 months and to then give that precious baby to some random people to raise as their own. 

There is actually a lot more that goes into it. The adoptive parents have to go through a ton of training and preparation and the birth mom has counseling. If you have an open adoption you meet the birth mom several times and create a relationship with her. Then she gives you the gift of parenthood and a tiny baby to love and cherish. It's a life long bond and relationship that works. The love you get for this baby is crazy. 

I can't imagine life without my daughter and I wouldn't have her if adoption wasn't an option. 

-Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, your daughter is such a beautiful blessing! I'm so glad this option was available for you. It is something I'm considering as we near the end of the road for IVF treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ash, I hope I'm not being a pest. I emailed you after you guest posted on Erinn's blog- I'm hoping to hear from you soon :) I have so many questions and so much I want to talk with you about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adoption is such an amazing blessing! I have so many friends and family that have grown their families through adoption. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley