Friday, November 15, 2013

Five on Friday



Linking up for another installment of "Five on Friday"!! click the button below to see all the other link ups!



 {ONE}

I had my first overnight away from my little sweetie.  I'm a teacher and I chaperoned our Senior Retreat.  It was so much fun and I really got to connect with some more of those fabulous kiddos!  Ellie had a fantastic time with just her Daddy.  They got to play together and head on over to my in-laws for a Family Dinner!  It sounds like all three of us didn't get much sleep though - the Seniors were up until about 12:30-1:00am and then we had a "wake up" call at 6:30!!!! AHHH. Thomas said that Ellie woke up 3-4 times too!! Glad I didn't miss out on much!
I was greeted in the morning with the most adorable picture text of my two loves!

{TWO}

 Ellie and I went shopping at the mall (during her afternoon "nap time") and she was a total babe!  [Gotta start them young!!!]  She loved riding around in her umbrella stroller (facing forward!) and looking around at all the pretties.  I went through the mall pretty quick even though we were gone for about 2 hours (including driving time).  She did fall asleep for part of our excursion but was a happy baby overall. NO COMPLAINING the whole time! What a little love and blessing she is.  I love going shopping with her! When we got home she had some rice cereal and a bottle and was completely content.

{THREE}
 On Monday I made these again and let me tell you they are delish!  I love me some Mexican food and Enchiladas are for sure my favorite dish.  Sorry no photo but I love them!

{FOUR}

I am making Ellie's baby food myself.  While it is a little time consuming I really like knowing what exactly is going into her food.  So far I am only making her food that we grew organically in our garden.  Her options are Broccoli, Peas. Beans, Zucchini, and Cabbage.  All I have been doing is steaming the veggies until they are soft and tender, then I use my hand blender to puree them with a little bit of water.  Next I put them through a fine mesh strainer pressing it through with a spoon into another bowl.  Finally I measure them out into my 3 ounce storage containers to put into the freezer. (2 Tablespoons = 1 ounce).  When its time for her to eat I thaw out the veggie and mix it half/half with rice cereal and formula to the consistency she likes (pretty thick).

{FIVE}
 
We are up for another busy weekend!! My MIL and I love attending the Funky Junk Sisters "Junk Salvation" (junk show).  They are having another show this weekend in Puyallup, WA.  They have a Friday Night shopping or Saturday.  Even though we know we are going to miss a ton of great stuff we decided to just go on Saturday.  It should be fun!!

♥ Ashley
 

2 comments:

  1. Making baby food is the best! And from your own garden too? Well, that's just top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your first overnight away went well!! I need to try that enchilada recipe. I love Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley