Tuesday, January 17, 2017

[Travel Diaries] Disneyland Winter 2016 - Day 2

Our second day in Disneyland started early and was packed with fun, even though it was a full day of Disney it didn't seem quite as exhausting as Day 1 since we didn't have to travel on an airplane.


Our day started in Disney California Adventure and now that we have our sweet little Finnley we have to utilize the rider swap on rides that Finnley isn't big enough for.  Our first stop was to Cars Land so that Ellie could ride on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.  While Thomas and Ellie waited in line Finnley and I had a bottle and then made our way to the Baby Care Station for a diaper change and bottle cleaning.  Finnley babe was so cute just hanging out in the high chair while I cleaned out her bottle I had to snap a picture.  Thomas and Ellie had a great time on the ride and I think that Ellie is a fan of the rider swap because she gets to go on double the rides with half the wait! Seems like a pretty slammin' deal to me.





After Ellie's double ride on Mater we walked around Cars Land and got to see Mater dressed up for Christmas - let me tell you how magical Disneyland is during the Christmas Season, I loved all the decor!



We got in line for Lightening McQueen and I just love our family of four!! Finnley is the best addition!


her hair cracks me up!

Our next stop was to the Pier to see Minnie Mouse and Elena of Avalor.  I loved how Minnie Mouse was dressed up in her Fiesta wear, so CUTE!!  Ellie loved meeting all of the characters and getting to watch these special moments of her brings so much happiness to my heart.  I just can't get over how awesome all of the characters are and the time they spend with each child is so memorable.




Ellie was so excited to meet Elena, I am so glad they had a place special just for her.  Our wait for both Minnie and Elena were pretty short...I was surprised at how short the line was - maybe because they were kind of in a hidden spot of the park?  Elena was totally wonderful with both of the girls and gave Ellie the longest hug!! We plopped Finnley down on the ground for the picture and Elena was so worried she was going to fall over - it was actually kind of funny how concerned she was, also it is mind boggling to me how willing I was to put my 7 month old on the ground at Disneyland without a blanket underneath! oh how I have grown and let certain things go!!!





We walked back over to Cars Land to see in Luigi's Rollickin Roadsters was open (they were closed earlier for maintenance) and they were so she and I hopped in line.  The waiting lines are so full of good things to look at, they even have a topiary in the shape of a car!  The ride was so much fun and I loved experiencing it with my girl for the first time together.  When we swapped with Thomas there was a mechanical issue and they had to get off their cars and wait for about 10 minutes for them to fix it.  Then they were back on the ride and Ellie had even more fun the second time around because she knew what to expect.






While I was watching and waiting for Thomas and Ellie on the Luigi ride both Red and Lightening drove by so I took their pictures - they are always so photogenic ;)



After our ride on Luigi we walked over to Disneyland, get a load of their Christmas decor!!  I just love it so much.  And that Native American is there because the shop behind him used to be a real Tabacco/Smoke Shop!! Can you imagine?!!?!

We made our way over to Tomorrowland and took a ride on Buzz Lightyear Astroblaster's since the line was so short - we practically walked right on!! Thankfully this is a ride that Finnley can go on so we all rode "together" Ellie got her own gun and had so much fun trying to shoot the targets.  These interactive game/rides are such a fun idea.


We stopped into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and all Ellie cared about were the shield and swords so she and Dada had a battle - she won.


We walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle - I always love seeing Maleficent and then made our way over to "it's a small world" and y'all the lights on the ride did not disappoint.  I mean look at how amazing that is!!  While this isn't normally my favorite ride it was so much fun themed for Christmas.  They sing a couple of Christmas songs along with the small world song and even the little people are dressed for the holidays! Definitely a must ride at Christmastime.

Ellie was so excited she wouldn't sit still for a photo:




We made our way back down Main Street USA and Minnie and Mickey were out so we got in line to see our favorites.  I love how they were dressed for the holidays and it's so fun that all of our pictures with them over the past couple of years are different because of the times of year we visit!!


Both Mickey and Minnie were "obsessed" with Ellie's mouse ears on her sweatshirt and they spent so much time making a big deal about them.  I wonder how hard it is to be these characters because they cannot speak!!   but they still do a great job expressing themselves.  Ellie adores them and Finnley actually did so much better than I anticipated!!










We wanted to make sure that for this trip we focused on just enjoying the park and seeing as many characters as we could.  While we still went on a bunch of rides they weren't our main focus this time and it was so nice to have such a "relaxing" visit to the parks!

♥ Ashley 

previous Disneyland visits:

February 2015 day 1/2 day 3 day 4
September 2015 day 1 day 2 day 3 day 4
February 2016 day 1 day 2 day 3 day 4
December 2016 day 1

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, all of the Christmas stuff is SO SUPER COOL! Now I want to go at Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun trip! I just went in July...I would love to live closer to it! your pics are really cute!

    Valerie
    Fashion and travel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Disney. Their clothes are so cute. And yes, Cars Land is our favorite place too. This summer when we're in S. California we're going to Legoland. Next summer, back to Disney!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley