Wednesday, May 4, 2016

The Wednesday Weekly - Week 3

3 weeks?!!! It seems like we just brought her home yesterday but that she's been here our whole life at the same time!! How does that even work??

Week 3



Eats:  Finnley babe is a good eater.  She's still on formula and has the occasional spit up...I think its just because she is still so young.  We make 4 oz bottles and she usually finishes them.  She is a much slower eater than Ellie was so that has been an adjustment.  We've learned her sign that she is hungry and it's much quieter than Ellies (Ellie cried...Finnley sticks her fingers in her mouth)



Sleeps: Finnley is a great sleeper still.  She is awake more during the day which is super nice because we are having a chance to get to know her sweet disposition.  We are trying a different approach with her than Ellie and so far it seems to be working.  We are trying to not have her nap in our arms all the time so that she will hopefully fall asleep better when we put her in the bassinet or crib.  We hadn't been swaddling her but now her arms are going spastic so we are doing an arm swaddle and leaving her legs and hips free to move.  It seems to be the ticket because she is going close to 5 1/2 hours at night!!!  I have also been successful a few times this week at having both girl napping at the same time...which is...glorious!!




Goes:  I did head into work on Thursday and Monday and girlfriend was a champ! sleeping the whole time.  I am so lucky that I get to bring my girls to work with me and they have the chance to socialize with other kiddos!!  Finnley and I also went to a baby shower for my best childhood friend and it was so nice to catch up with her and celebrate her first babe!!!

Loves: same as last week but we are also all about the receiving blankets for burp rags this time around! Also I finally got our Boppy washed and it has been so nice having that to feed her and let her hang out in.



Does:  we are working on tummy time and she actually kind of likes it...probably because her head is more proportionate to her body (unlike Ellie who had a huge head!) and if we get her in the right position she can roll over onto her back!



Of Note:  she had a few projectile spit ups this week which were super fun to clean up.  She got it all over our bed so we had to strip it and wash them.  



Mama: everyday gets better and I am so enjoying having another girl in the family.  I really feel like we are starting to get into a groove and life is pretty good.  I am in such a good place right now that I can totally enjoy this stage of life!!  My favorite part right now is watching my two girls together and nurturing their friendship.





Sister: Ellie is still seriously the best sister.  She is always concerned where Finnley is, what she is saying and gets so excited when Finnley is awake!  She wants to hold her all the time and we have recently been hanging out in Ellie's bed after naptime...the three of us and it's a highlight for Ellie.  It melts my heart!




♥ Ashley

previous weeks:

Ellie at 3 weeks

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and I'm so glad for you that she is a great sleeper. Such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! So glad everyone is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She just looks so long and skinny, reminds me of how my girls always looked as babies. That last photo is awesome. Please keep these sister shots up!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley