Thursday, July 11, 2013

[throwback thursday] My Husband is My Teammate



You may or may not know this but I used to be a cheerleader. I cheered in high school, junior college, college and on an all star team. It was a pretty big part of my life. But now it has gone to the back burner, I still get HUGE longings to meet up with some past teammates to stunt occasionally but nothing ever comes from it.



Anyways, I have something else to share with you. When Thomas and I first started dating I was somehow able to convince him to join the cheer team at Central Washington University with me!  



I think that this experience really set us up for a great foundation in our relationship, trust in each other as well as how to work with each other to accomplish a goal. To have positive attitudes and teamwork even when we are tired, wiped out or really annoyed and pissed off. I love that he was willing to take a chance and join the team. It is a memory I look back at and am always smiling when I do!!


Thomas was my stunt partner, meaning he threw me up in the air and caught my feet. Basically he held my life in his hands. We acquired so much trust between each other through this. We weren't always perfect and had a few falls but I always knew that he would be there to catch me...and I know he is still there now!

I am so in love with this man and love that we are still teammates. Just our game now is marriage and parenthood but we know how to do it!!

- Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley