It's a fairly informal party. I have organized it to be an open house/drop in party. So my guests can come for as long (within reason) or short as they like. Some pop in to say hi while others stay the duration. I love them all. It's a fun atmosphere and I get to "show off" my house decked out for Christmas!!
I serve tea. Obviously. Then also a variety of cookies, desserts, and snacks. I usually make all the food but this year I sourced some of it out to Trader Joes and the grocery store to simplify my life this year. I was the most relaxed for this party, not sure if it's because Trader Joes helped out or if it's because I'm getting the hang of it.
I also have some sort of party favor for each of my guests. It changes from year to year. This year the favors were these adorable little jars of honey! I just love them.
On the menu:
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate covered Mint Marshmallows (Trader Joes)
- French Macaroons (Trader Joes)
- Nanaimo Bars (Vancouver, BC)
- Linzer Cookies (made by my MIL)
- Scones; with fresh whipped cream and jam
- Cranberry Rosemary Spread with crackers
- Baked Salami [much bigger hit than expected!!!]
- Rondele the Garlic and Herb variety (from the store)
- Sundried Tomato and Pesto Torte and Pretzle Sticks (Trader Joes)
Recipes will be coming soon.
Ellie had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed her first tea party!
Do you have any fun holiday party traditions?