Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Tea Party

For the past four years I have hosted a Ladies Christmas Tea at the farm.  I schedule it for the second Saturday of December each year. I think that's a good time because I have time to decorate and prepare without feeling rushed right out of Thanksgiving and I don't have to worry about Christmas being right around the corner.  I absolutely love it and look forward to it every year. It's a tradition I am so pleased to have Ellie be a part of. 


It's a fairly informal party. I have organized it to be an open house/drop in party. So my guests can come for as long (within reason) or short as they like. Some pop in to say hi while others stay the duration. I love them all.  It's a fun atmosphere and I get to "show off" my house decked out for Christmas!! 


My pantry chalkboard. 

I serve tea. Obviously.  Then also a variety of cookies, desserts, and snacks. I usually make all the food but this year I sourced some of it out to Trader Joes and the grocery store to simplify my life this year. I was the most relaxed for this party, not sure if it's because Trader Joes helped out or if it's because I'm getting the hang of it. 




I also have some sort of party favor for each of my guests. It changes from year to year.  This year the favors were these adorable little jars of honey! I just love them. 



On the menu: 
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate covered Mint Marshmallows (Trader Joes)
- French Macaroons (Trader Joes)
- Nanaimo Bars (Vancouver, BC)
- Linzer Cookies (made by my MIL)
- Scones; with fresh whipped cream and jam
- Cranberry Rosemary Spread with crackers
- Baked Salami [much bigger hit than expected!!!]
- Rondele the Garlic and Herb variety (from the store)
- Sundried Tomato and Pesto Torte and Pretzle Sticks (Trader Joes)

Recipes will be coming soon. 

Ellie had a wonderful time and thoroughly enjoyed her first tea party!


Do you have any fun holiday party traditions?

-Ashley

http://www.jenniferrizzo.com 

2 comments:

  1. I really, really love this party idea!!

    Everything looks wonderful. I love your menu, your decorations, and your favors! All of it!

    I totally want to get on board the macaroon wagon, but every time I read a recipe for them I think NOPE. Ha. Maybe I can buy some :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley