We are about to start our Spring Break and I couldn't be more ready for it. We tend to pack a lot into these breaks and have used many of them to get things done around our farm!! Most of our painting and "remodeling" of our house has taken place over our Christmas and Spring Breaks and its so refreshing to be able to cross things off of my "To-Do" list!!
So with that in mind here are my goals for us to complete this coming week:
- Paint the guest bathroom walls, put up and paint wainscoting and paint the sink cabinet. Get new hardware and shower curtain/towels. If we can I would also like to get a new mirror in there.
- Prepare our vegetable garden and get our cold weather crops planted (peas, lettuce, kale). There are lots of weeds and we need to bring in our compost from the back.
- Spread the rest of our gravel delivery in the horse paddock. [I was lucky enough to be able to bring a group of my students to help out on the farm this last week for our "Community Service Project Week". They scooped up all the horse poop in our pasture, cleaned out the chicken coop, and spread 3/4 of our gravel delivery.]
- Weed all of my flower beds out front and spread some mulch to make it look real nice. I have 4 flower beds out front and one of them is 8'x90' its huge!!!! (who wants to come help with that?)
- Build new nesting/laying boxes for the chicken coop. Our chicken coop is a work in progress. When we first got our chickens we built a temporary coop with the finances we had available. Then a couple years ago we built our permanent chicken coop and run. Its not complete, we still need to finish up the trim, re-caulk the windows, and finish the walls on the inside. We used our temporary nesting/laying boxes so we could get the chickens moved in but since it was built for temporary use it is starting to fall apart. I saw a great alternative on pinterest here that I am hoping we can put together this week!!