Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{weekly update} week 48

So my sweet little nugget of a girl is 48 weeks old today!! How on earth did that happen?  What I can tell you is that life with her just keeps getting better and better!!  Her little personality is just the best and I just want to spend all of my time with her!!



Eats: Girlfriend is quite the eater! Aside from sweets (pie, sweet potatoes, cake, frosting) this girl will eat just about anything.  We still have yet to try out meat - so I guess we probably want to start that soon.  The thing is, I understand that once meat is introduced their poop starts to smell really bad....She is doing well with her sippy cup and got to play around with her new Straw Sippy Cup that she got in her Easter Basket on Sunday.  She understood how to use it right away and was so cute drinking her water from it!! I think I will have to go get a few more!

Sleeps: Little E sleeps pretty well until about 3:30am and then we bring her into our bed.  I am sure that if we just rocked her back to sleep she would be fine in her crib for the rest of the night - but we just want to get back to sleep ourselves so she comes into the bed with us.  Her naps have been off and on for the past couple of weeks.  I do see 3 more teeth coming in so that might have a little to do with her sleep patterns lately.

Goes: I don't think that Baby Girl got to go anywhere new this week. We did head up to Snohomish to check out the antique stores (I think I found the mirror for our guest bathroom makeover) and then out to eat a few times.  We also went to my sister's house for Easter on Sunday - but she has been there before.

Loves: Ellie Faith got some new things this week that she is super fond of.  First we got a pair of moccs from The Coral Pear (review coming soon) and she totes loved them!  Then we also hit up our local Goodwill and got some toys for her (no worries we practically used a whole can of lysol cleaning them off!).  She got a push walker toy [now she is zooming all over the house its so cute!] and the same activity table that my MIL (Nanny) has at her house [ours is just missing the detachable phone].  She is loving both of them. Again she loves any toys that make noise and anything she can pull herself up with (or climb!).



Does:  She got to celebrate her first Easter! She is crawling and pulling up on everything (luckily no new bruises this week!) She is trying to climb [we need to move her mattress down again!] onto anything she can get her feet on.  Three new teeth are starting to come in - one has finally broken through on Sunday!  She can clap her hands, wave, and give high fives on command (so long as she isn't distracted) She is also starting to play peek-a-boo!!




Mama: I had a pretty good week...it was hard though being back at work after a whole week home with her.  I did have Friday off so that was nice to only have to come back to a 4-day work week.  I did have two migraines this past week but their intensity wasn't as bad as before so maybe my meds are working?  I know they are making me crave sweets like crazy - and no, I am not pregnant (wouldn't that be a miracle) as my cycle started this weekend.  However, we are discussing "Operation Get Ellie a Sibling" a lot so we are going to start the adoption process again here pretty soon - unless of course God chooses to bless us with a pregnancy (PLEASE!!).  So with that in mind I am trying to come up with some ideas to raise money for a second adoption.  If you would like to donate to us to help us grow our family, please email me.  We do have a Paypal account for donations if you feel called to do so!


My sweetest Ellie Faith, you are a complete joy to be a parent of.  We feel so blessed to have such an even tempered little girl as our first child.  Thank you so much for all of your sweet smiles, giggles, and hugs!  I love you so incredibly much and you truly are the light of my life!!



♥ Ashley



1 comment:

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley