Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Wednesday Weekly - Week 4

Seriously these weeks are just flying by!!! I can't believe that on this Friday our sweet little Finnley will be one month already!!  She is just the sweetest and for the most part is a calm and relaxed babe...just what we prayed for.


Week 4


This week has been quite the week with celebrating Mother's Day and a trip to the ER for big sis...don't worry I will have a post about it coming soon, but she is doing just great!!

Eats: Finnley continues to be a great eater and even Ellie is getting in on the feeding!! Many hands make light work.  We are making 4 ounce bottles and she eats a majority of it at each feeding.  We are using Similac Sensitive and she seems to be doing just fine on it.  Somehow this time around we have been blessed with many samples in the mail and just received some Enfamil, so we will use that when we need to open a new can.


Sleeps:  we hit a bit of a rough patch the other day where this girl just wanted to eat and be awake all day...it was rough!!! But now we seem to be back to our normal schedule - Praise the Lord!!  She is still having her longer sleep stretches at night (close to 6 hours) and there are NO COMPLAINTS here about that!! Such a difference from Ellie...also another prayer answered. God is good.  We did start swaddling her at night and I think that is helping.



Goes: as I mentioned in my last post, we made a road trip across the state for some Adoption stuff, then we went to the market, the zoo and the ER for big sis.  Talk about a whirlwind of a week for this little girl!

Loves:  the hospital that Finnley was born in gave us some coupons for some free items (I mean the hookup this time is for real!!) and we got this super cute carseat cover  and sling carrier!  We are still fans of the Boppy and her activity mat. Baths are also a huge hit, we have even had a sister bath!!



Does: Finnley is super good at tummy time and seems to really like it. She holds her head up like a champ.  I haven't had any luck with her rolling again, so maybe it was just a fluke day?  She also gets the hiccups every day and has the sweetest sigh I have ever heard.

Of Note: nothing that I can think of at this time.

Mama:  like I mentioned we had a super rough day the other day but things are all back to normal.  I am just loving these two girls and being a Mama of TWO!! such a dream. So far this has been a pretty good transition and hasn't been too difficult...I am sure my time is coming but I would say this is almost easier than with just one! Yep I just said it!





Sister: Ellie is still all over Finnley and loves to be involved in everything.  I love how she says Finnley's name, since Ellie can't make the F sound she calls her Pinnley and its just the cutest!! I really couldn't have imagined a better transition.


I mean these two!!! my heart is so full.

♥ Ashley

previous weeks:

Ellie at 4 weeks

6 comments:

  1. Omg, cutest pics ever! :) Happy 1 month to your baby girl <3

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, cutest pics ever! :) Happy 1 month to your baby girl <3

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are adorable! Love your weekly updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are all so precious! I'm glad your whole home is making a good transition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sister pics get me EVERY time. I also really love the one of Ellie feeding her the bottle. Such a fun way to document the weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley