I love all of these items and while I may not use them all on a daily basis they definitely have made my cooking life easier (and healthier!?)
1. Kuhn Rikon Knives. I love these things. They stay pretty sharp. Can go in the dishwasher!! Total win in my book - I mean who likes hand washing things when they can go in the dishwasher?? Also they have a cover cap so you can throw them into a drawer or they travel to work safely!!
2. French Press Coffee Maker. Seriously ladies this makes the BEST coffee - its so smooth and doesn't have that metallic taste you get from a brewer. We don't use this often but it sure is a special treat!
3. One Piece Rubber Spatula. These puppies are pretty hard to find but once you get them they will change your world! They have all sorts of sizes and colors, go in the dishwasher and since they are one piece food can't get stuck anywhere!! LOVE IT!
4. Fat Separator. This is the best for soup or gravy. All you do is poor your cooking juices/liquid/broth into this thing and let it sit for a few minutes. All the fat will rise to the top and since the spout comes out from the bottom you just poor it back into your pan/pot and stop right before the fat starts to go up the spout. No more greasy gravy or that gross fat layer on your soup!!
5. Ceramic Coated Cast Iron. While lots of people love the Le Cruset brand you can get a cheaper version just about anywhere (target, ross, marshalls, or tjmaxx). These are awesome for making soups, stews or even braising in the oven. I love them because they hold the heat in well and can go from stove top to oven and even back to the stove top if need be. If you don't have one of these - go get one!!
Since my birthday is on Monday (yes that is St. Patrick's Day) I am hosting a giveaway for one of my favorite Kuhn Rikon knives!!
leave a comment on this post (make sure to leave your email!)
For a second entry follow my blog and let me know you do!!
giveaway ends at 9:00pm PST on 3/17/2014