Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Little Things #9

After putting down my beloved horse, Jazz last Thursday I have really acknowledged how precious this life we have really is.  It has made me think and re-evaluate how I am going to live my life from here on out.  I always knew that his life would end before mine.  I knew that I would be devastated. But I didn't know how it would affect me.

I want to make sure that I enjoy these days with Ellie.  I know they are numbered because before I know it, she is going to be a toddler and no longer a baby.  As I look forward to her meeting milestones and getting to see the sweet girl she will grow up to be, I know I need to slow down. Enjoy and soak up these fleeting moments with her.  Especially now as she is becoming more vocal of her wants/likes and dislikes as well as her new found independence with being able to move around the house via army-wiggle, crawling, and assisted walking - not to mention her pulling up on lots of things!



So today I want to enjoy her being little.  To watch her in amazement as she discovers her world.  I love hearing her babble and tell her toys stories.  I love her snuggles and how she sleeps so well on my lap.  I love having her close for cuddles and want to cherish and remember those.



♥ Ashley

4 comments:

  1. Sad, but true post. This is a great reminder for me to make the time to appreciate the here and now before its gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! One of the things I remind myself daily - don't wish away the present, it goes so fast anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about Jazz. Losing our beloved animals is so very hard. Glad you're focusing on Ellie to help you heal your grief. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness hon I am so sorry to hear about your horse. I'm sure that was so devastating for you. Big hug coming your way!! Since I experienced a loss recently, too, I totally understand the feeling of wanting to cherish each and every moment with the people (and pets!) that I love... it's so important!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley