Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bathroom Makeover Reveal!

I can't believe this project is done, Well nearly at least! 

I will be the first to admit that it took much longer than I had anticipated.  

before     //      after

I don't know if I really saw anything exactly that inspired me. I think I had a dream or something about an emerald, gold and white bathroom so I just went from there. I am so happy with how it turned out!



I have known for a long time that I wanted wainscoting to go in this room just had to figure out how to make it work with really only two walls to work with. I love how finished it makes the room look and this might be one of my favorite rooms in our house! It took a little bit to get it on the wall as our floors are not level. My best tip is to paint it all before you put it on the walls! I did this with the baseboard, wainscoting, and chair rail. Best idea ever. 



I only painted the walls to where the wainscoting would go - no sense in painting more than I have to, right?



I also painted the sink cabinet white. Since I went with such a dark color on the walls I wanted to lighten up the room as best I could - hence the wainscoting. 



Gold Spray Paint was my friend with the accessories. I re-purposed the towel rod by spraying it gold.  As I didn't want to put any more holes in the walls than I needed to I opted for a standing toilet paper holder, originally it was a brushed silver but I needed it to be gold (a great find at Ross). Our plunger was a chrome color but to go with my gold theme that got a coat of gold.  We switched out the light switch plate with a brass one and added some brass knobs on the cabinet doors (both from Lowes). 



Finally I wanted to get rid of the old square frame-less mirror and put something old in. We hit up my favorite antique city, Snohomish and picked up this gorgeous mirror and old brass hand towel holder. 





We love goats so of course they had to make an appearance in here. Both the art and bowel were from a store in Snohomish. 



It's not complete, I still want to get some new towels, change out the overhead light and get some more art on the walls. As well as some final touch ups with the paint and wainscoting. But for now I just love it so much!!

♥ Ashley 

11 comments:

  1. Love what you did with it! It looks great!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wainstcoating! I am so impressed with how the colors came together. If I had just read about green gold and white I'm not sure I would've been a fan but the pictures rally show how it came together

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great!!! I really love that mirror you have too. The round is perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new bathroom! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all did such a great job!!! Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks already complete, even without the new towels and overhead lights. Going from light to dark green is a bold move, but it turned out so well with the dark-and-light color scheme. Congratulations on the fab makeover!

    Dan Rizzi @ I.P.Q. Construction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monogrammed towel set fill in as a perfect present for a couple on their commitment, wedding or commemoration.baby towels

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a leading website designing company in delhi, OGEN Infosystem is one of the best Company. Here you will get professional website at an affordable price and different types of amazing web designs, also get PPC Services and other digital marketing services.
    Web Design Company in Delhi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley