Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Ellie's First Birthday Inspiration




Ellie's First Birthday Inspiration
 LADIES!! I am getting so excited to start planning Ellie's Birthday.  I have had ideas running around in my head almost since we brought her home!!

I don't think that I am really interested in having a "theme" birthday - I just want it to focus around these colors.  I am currently obsessed with the Coral, Mint and Gold color scheme! 
I am so in love with the idea of Paper Straws and they come in all sorts of colors!! So I am for sure going to go with the Mint and Coral ones! I also love that they come in different patterns too, like chevron, polka dots (my fave) and checkerboard!

I am so inspired by a Tassel Garland, I have already picked up some fabric and yarn and I am thinking about DIYing my own!  But if that doesn't work out I am sure this tissue one would be perfect!

I love the idea of having a banner or bunting.  I picked up some burlap with the gold polka dots on it and I am going to make my own.  I think that keeping Ellie's name off of the banner will allow us to use it for all of our birthdays and keeping it neutral will be perfect for years to come.  Now I just have to decide what color paint to use for the letters....any suggestions?

Paper Lanterns are also a great decor item to have.  They are pretty cheap and SUPER easy.

And how perfect are these mason jars?  I am thinking I will most likely make my own since I have a TON of extra jars (I save them all from jams, pasta sauces and baby food) and it might be fun to wrap a strip of Washi Tape around to give an extra punch of color!  These would be perfect to use as flower vases or containers to hold the straws and flatware!!

I am just getting giddy knowing that her birthday is coming up and I can't wait to pull it all together.

♥ Ashley 

linked





5 comments:

  1. oh gal! what a darling inspiration board! those colors are lovely together. love love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you're already planning!!! (I am too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, absolutely. We've been waiting long enough for this, it might be crazy if we weren't planning already! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color scheme! It is so girly...in a good way :) First birthdays are so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun theme (or lack of theme)! For the bunting color, I'd just suggest that its something dark enough to show up in photos. I've seen the gold polka-dot burlap at Jo-Anns but haven't had a reason to buy it yet.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley