Thursday, January 23, 2014

Live and Learn

A few years ago we had the opportunity to go on a Caribbean Cruise with my family.  We had an awesome time and it was so nice to be with family and in beautiful sunny weather for Spring Break!!  I posted here about an unfortunate happening and wanted to share again!



Here in the PNW we are pretty far away from the equator (that is NOT new news) so our sunshine isn't as strong as it is in the Caribbean.  Anywhozers, I had brought sunblock with us, that I had purchased in college in 2007, and figured that it would be kosher since I used it all the time in the PNW.  However, it was expired by the time April 2011 rolled around and I was in the Caribbean.

Needless to say.  I got SCORCHED, burnt, lobstered, blistered, you name it.  BAD IDEA.  It took nearly 5 days for the pain in my skin to subside.  Showers were awful, I couldn't shave my legs (or anywhere else for that matter) and it hurt to sit down.

So the lesson I learned is that anytime you are going on a hot vacay, do yourself a favor and buy a NEW tube of sunblock.  Your skin will thank me.


Life As Always


what lessons have you learned while on vacay or at home lately?

♥ Ashley

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I am such a freak about getting sunburnt. I wear SPF 70 all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!! You poor, poor thing!!! I was born and raised in Pensacola/Pensacola Beach, FL so I know ALL about "fun in the sun" and protecting yourself from the sun. I'm sure this was a horrible experience for you but I hope that it didn't take TOO Much away from your trip! Thank you for linking up with us and I hope you join us again!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much the whitest person ever and I probably would have died of sun poisoning, hahahaha! I am not going to lie, I was REALLY hoping for a picture ;) Thank you for linking up, I am not following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you poor thing!! That must have almost ruined your entire vacation, what a bummer! This is a really good lesson because personally I always forget that sunscreen has an expiration date... this makes me want to go home immediately and throw all my old stuff out!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, that sounds really painful! I've only had bad sunburn once and I would never EVER want to do it again!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley