Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Five

 How are we at yet ANOTHER Friday?  I mean don't get me wrong, Fridays are great because it means its the weekend and I get to spend nearly 48 hours with my sweet little darling!


I thought it would be fun to do yet another link up with Darci from THE GOOD LIFE BLOG!!


1.



If you haven't already make sure that you follow my blog via Bloglovin, become a fan on FB, and follow me on IG. Also comment on here if you want to become a Sponsor on my blog for $5! I just need your blog button.  All sponsors will get a blog post on here about you and your blog and I will hopefully be able to send some new followers your way!

2.

I posted about my 2014 Resolution to try out meal planning.  While we haven't stuck to the menu to a "T" it has been very helpful in creating more peace about what's for dinner!! We also have had some great left overs for lunches!! and that dear friends is ALWAYS a bonus!  I posted yesterday my mom's recipe for Chicken Paillard.  Its super easy and really good.  There are lots of ways that you can change it up too, so that's nice if you feel like you keep eating the same thing!


3.

We went to Barnes and Noble after Christmas for some belated gifts to ourselves and the hubster found THIS book! I may have not mentioned it on here before but I am a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan.  I love the movies "The Wizard of Oz" and "Return to Oz".  A few years ago I did some research on the series and learned that there are 14 books in the series the L.F.Baum wrote and then several more after his death by other fanatics.  I have already finished the first book and am well into the second book.  It is so nice to have some time to be able to get back to reading in my life.  I have missed it so!

4.

I also wrote a fashion post.  I love fashion but lately it has totally been on the back burner as I have been focusing on teaching PE and Health (wearing sweats to work) and raising my beautiful little baby girl.  I have some really great pieces of clothing in my wardrobe that are really fun to put together.  Working with High School students also really encourages me to keep up my fashion sense - since I get to see what's "cool" right now.  It has been a transition though moving from the junior's section to the ladies section, luckily the fashion is pretty across the board so I don't feel TOO old! ha.

5.

We are finally getting all of our Christmas decor taken down, put away in boxes, and stored back up in the attic.  We took all the ornaments off the tree already and Ellie totally noticed when she came into the room! She wanted to know where all the "pretties" were I am sure!  This time is so sad because I LOVE the Christmas season but when its all taken down my house seems so fresh and clean! I love that too.  We are then going to start preparing for Valentines Day.  It hasn't always been that big of a holiday for me.  Since getting married it has taken on more of an "important" role - only by way of decorating my house!  Soon, now that we have our sweet girl, this holiday will take on a whole new role and I am so excited to see where it goes!


♥ Ashley

7 comments:

  1. I am super jealous of your meal planning and the fact that you got your Christmas decorations put away... that is my goal for tonight and we'll see if it actually happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do meal planning every week, but for us that typically means I plan 3-4 meals. They can be shifted around however we need. The rest we do leftovers and typically breakfast one night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your chalk board - so cute! Loved the blog as well, I'm a new follower!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think meal planning is a great way to guide us -- it doesn't have to be perfect to be helpful! So kudos to you!

    I've never sponsored a blog before but I'm thinking about it can we chat more via e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of your meal planning! I need to get on that. Cute outfit too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley