Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 26

Another week and here we are.  Séamus is still rocking like he wants to move so bad and I just cannot wait until that happens!!


Eats: we are so close to little man being 6 months old.  We are still only breastfeeding and he nurses multiple times a day.  He has started to get quite distracted so I close up shop and then he is ready to eat again shortly after.  He is still nursing about 2x a night but is quite the satisfied little boy.  He has been reaching out for all the things so I think that starting solids is near and he will hopefully take to it well.  We have been having him sit in the Bumbo and join us for dinner which is so fun...we all love it.


Sleeps: little Séamus is the king of car naps.  I haven't been successful in transferring or from the car seat this week but he has been happy nonetheless.  Although I do have to mention that he has also been trying his darndest to not fall asleep so some of our car rides have been quite noisy.  We've been starting him off in his crib at night and he has been sleeping from about 7:30pm to almost 1am and then he comes into our bed with us.

Goes: the kids and I met up with my Dad over the weekend and we joined him at a train show, Séamus spent the whole time in the Ergo and then we did have a small nursing session there as well.  Then we just did all the usual things; store, school, nanny house.  Nothing out of the ordinary but sweet man enjoyed it all.

Does: Séamus has become quite efficient at Sitting and can do so for large quantities of time.  He plays in his exersaucer, grabs for all the toys, rocks on all fours, planks all the time, shrieks with delight, and is loving all the Copaiba for his gums.  He also somehow managed to get his arm out of his outfit the other day and we dubbed him "sexy baby".




Mama: this week was so busy just doing all the things.  I thought that things might slow down a bit since Ellie is in Kindergarten all day but it just seems like all we do is drive in the car.  I have been listening to podcasts in the car and love all the information that I get to soak in.  I am still loving my Oils Business and how I am getting to support our family in a new way and even more importantly bringing wellness into the homes of others!!


Sisters: Finnley is still as obsessed as ever with him, getting in his face, laughing ridiculously loud, and shoving all the toys in his face.  She is talking so much more, quite defiant, and the loviest of all.  She makes all the funny faces and cracks us up all the time.  Ellie is doing great at school, we signed her up to start gymnastics again and to start an art class.  She is beyond excited for all these new activities.  She is really the best big sister, the best help, and soaks up information like a sponge. It has always been my desire to raise children who adore each other and so far I think I am accomplishing that.  We do a lot of positive sibling talk, encourage lots of playing together, and facilitate disagreement strategies.



Previous Weeks:

Finnley at 26 weeks
Ellie at 26 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley