Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 27

I'm kind of in disbelief at how quickly time is passing with little Séamus.  We are soaking up every single minute of babydom and my heart could explode with gratitude and love.  He is the perfect addition and completion to our family, his personality fits in so well and so far it's true what they say about the 3rd baby.  He is super chill, goes with the flow, and is really quite the happy boy.




 

Sweet little Séamus hit the half way mark and has made the past 6 months the best ever! So many milestones have already been met and many more changes are going to happen before he turns 1! He is quite the little petite boy at 13.1 lbs and 25" tall.  Of course this comes as no surprise seeing how small I am.  He is perfect in every way.

Eats: we are still nursing all the time and in the night.  He absolutely loves it and I am convinced that he has started signing "milk" all on his own!! Probably just a coincidence but we're going with it and calling him a baby genius.  We have pretended to introduce some solids...that he has wanted nothing to do with (except he has a weird affinity for Thomas' beer bottles), so far we've given him the tiniest of tastes of french fries (he sucks on them), hummus, avocado, and lentils.  My friend gave me the idea to mix up with breastmilk (why didn't I think of that??) so I will be trying that out this week!!

Sleeps: napping has been off this week, probably partly due to our schedule, but he has been catching those zzzzz's when he gets a chance.  I have successfully transferred one time from the car seat to the crib this week and am patting myself on the back for it.  He still falls asleep in my arms on the couch at night, I transfer him to his crib, and he is there from about 8pm to midnight.  A couple of nights he has made it 1:30-2:30 and other nights we see him again in our bed by 11pm.  He wears a sleep sack at night and still does not like sleepers with feet on them.


Does: Séamus is getting up onto his hands and knees every chance he gets and rocks back and forth, he's moved his legs and got his arm to move once!!! so exciting getting to watch him attempt to crawl every day!!  He is reaching for all the toys, putting everything into his mouth, loves Copaiba for all the teething and gum support, watches his sisters do their crazy things.  He loves tummy time and will roll himself over every single time.  He can move all around the living room and bedrooms to get to where he wants to go and has some super epic gas ;)




Goes: Oh man this little guy (and us) were so so busy this week!! On Saturday he and I attended a Make and Take with one of my friends who is a business partner!!  He was so well behaved and we had a GREAT time!!  On Sunday we attended a 2nd birthday party and all three kids had a blast!!  Monday Séamus had his 6 month appointment and was a total champ!  We also visited two libraries for Play Group and both Séamus and Finnley had so much fun, even Thomas got to join us for the first time...it was perfect too because it was Dinosaur day!!!  Ellie had her first big girl gymnastics lesson and all five of us attended, one of Ellie's friends from when she did ballet is in her group so her mom had so much fun holding the babe!! 










Wears: 3-6 month every thing.  Socks and those fleece booties have been so great to have this time around. He'll wear hats...as long as they stay on his head, some hoodies and he is in size 2 diapers.  I am loving dressing a boy way more than I anticipated and am quite pleased with what they have to offer for their style!!  We are also completely obsessed with the Seedlings line from Young Living.  All of the products in this line a specially formulated for babies and are made of pure, safe, and nontoxic, chemical free ingredients.  The wipes are by far our most used product closely followed by the calming linen spray for his crib!  I also have really liked the diaper rash cream and the lotion is too die for soft!! We all use it and it's so gentle on our skin.


Mama: Oh my word I am jut loving all of this baby stuff.  Watching my kiddos grow up and being present in their lives, daily.  I love that I get to focus on them so much and that we are all benefiting from Oils.  Our sleep has been so great, our immune systems fully supported, and most importantly we are all getting the emotional support we need.  This postpartum stuff is no joke and I am just so grateful to have tools to help!  I am also just loving my Oils business and bringing wellness into others homes.  I have some big goals and know that I will get to achieve them through this business.  If you've been thinking about getting into Oils I couldn't recommend it enough!! They have made a world of difference in our lives, and of course I would love for you to Join My Team!!


Sisters: it's always safe to say that Finnley is obsessed with Séamus.  While I find myself constantly telling her to leave him alone or to get off of him or to be gentle, I am so happy that those are the words coming out of my mouth.  I really wasn't too sure how my sweet Finnley Ann was going to adjust to being a big sister since she is my leech but I am so so glad that she loves him.  She has gone above and beyond my expectations and is seriously so good at helping out with little bro.
Ellie once again does not disappoint in the Big Sister department.  She is constantly telling us that she always wanted a baby brother and now she has one.  She is always showering him with kisses and gets so excited for all the new things he does.  She without fail smothers him (whether he is sleeping or not) when she gets out of the car or into the car for school, wants to carry him around.  She is also still totally rocking it at being Finnley's sister and includes her in a lot of things.
Lately both of the girls have been putting on "A Show" at nighttime where they get dressed up in princess dresses and fight over the step stool in their room while singing and dancing.  I can't make out what song Finnley is singing but its the same one every time.  And Ellie is singing some song that she heard from somewhere and its the cutest ever.  Finnley will come out and get us repeating incessantly "We're ready!! Show ready!!" and it is hands down the sweetest thing ever!








Previous Weeks


Finnley at 27 weeks
Ellie at 27 weeks


♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley