Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 28

Sweet Séamus boy is already 28 weeks!! Like how did that even happen?  We had a big week with Snow, Outings, and lots of family time!


 Eats: we've started to introduce some solid foods for little man.  Peas, oatmeal, raita, hummus, avocado, applesauce, and french fries so far.  I wouldn't say that he is in love with any of it yet, but we're still trying it all out.  He more or less moves it around in his mouth with the most inquisitive facial expression and then it seems like about half of it comes back out with all of his drool...he is still absolutely adores breastfeeding and so do I!  He still eats at least once if not twice at night but seems to be going for longer stretches.  I can tell that when I drink plenty of water that helps him to stay fuller for longer as well.


Sleeps: I feel like little man has done most of his sleeping on the go this week.  Thankfully he has a very adaptable personality so far and doesn't seem to mind it too much.  He naps all throughout the day, no set schedule here...though he does tend to nap right around the time for dropping Ellie off at school and picking her up, so that's super convenient 😜.  We've been getting his diffuser all set up in his room with Sleepyize, spraying his crib with the Seedlings linen spray, and making sure to use his Baby Roller on his feet.  Also I've been diffusing Aromaease in the car and we all love it!!


Wears: As I was doing laundry I happened upon a couple of 0-3 month onesies that I must have missed, so I pulled those out of rotation.  It's so fun seeing him growing and fitting into his clothes better.  He is still quite petite (which I love) but I sure do hope that he has acquired Thomas's height genes...


Goes: we had SNOW this week and lots of it!! School was cancelled, and then delayed, so we ALL got to enjoy some extra family time together!  Séamus wasn't too sure of the snow, he was all bundled up (wearing his sisters socks 😉) and the hat we got in Finland in 2017.  I absolutely adored getting to see him wear this hat because it was on that trip that we began serious talks about starting IVF.  Séamus and I went to my friend/business partner's house for an Oily Party and we had the best time chatting, learning, and sharing! He had is 6 month photo's done as well and despite falling asleep minutes before it was our turn he did a fantastic job smiling it up for the camera!
My mom was obsessed with Pigs (who knows why) and she also enjoyed hosting a Chinese New Year party each year.  This year is the Year of the Pig, so my sister hosted a family gathering in her honor.  It was so nice to spend time all together, share memories of her, and watch all the cousins play and enjoy each other.
My dad has left for Uganda for a few months, so I took the little's up for a visit before he left.  We got to check out his new Train Set, that looks so great and works well, the kids loved it and then we headed out for lunch.  We decided to try out a local Indian Restaurant, Finnley enjoyed the Naan and Rice, while I let Séamus try out the Raita...which he enjoyed!!  While at lunch one of my friends from High School showed up and we had a great time having a little bit of catch up!! We haven't seen each other in nearly 12 years and it was such a special moment.








  Does: little man loves to sit, get on all fours, rock, land swim, stick all the things in his mouth, and play in the exersaucer.  He has become quite infatuated with the dogs and will reach out for their tails...whoops!!  He smiles and seems to be so content, though he gets the biggest smile when he spots me (swoon).  He has been chewing on his fingers, drooling like a madman, and hangs out in the Bumbo and High Chairs!  He sleeps on the go and he and Finnley have screaming matches, which I suppose is cute but really needs to stop!!






Mama: Oh my word, I just can't believe that he is really here.  My heart is swelling with love, pride, and appreciation.  Getting to do this babyhood thing one final time has been so enjoyable.  I really feel confident in what we're doing, love that we have our Oils as tools for our well-being and that we can be making healthy and safe choices with the products we bring in our home.  I am loving the Oils Business and getting to share these products with others, helping them improve their families wellness, and eliminating chemicals/toxins from their homes!  Often times I will just be sitting looking at my children and become overwhelmed with gratitude that we are here, doing this parenthood thing, and that I get to experience it all.  Pregnancy wasn't easy for my emotional state but Motherhood is so natural.


 Sisters: Ellie and Séamus got to have some morning time on the couch and getting to see these two together is so good for my soul.  Ellie absolutely loves her baby bro and says multiple times a day "I love you little bababababy boyyyyyy!" the cutest ever.  She loves to be the biggest helper and can now get him completely unbuckled and removed from his car seat all by herself 🙌.  She also loves to pick him up now and carry him around.
Finnley adores Séamus as well.  She is constantly squealing in his face, mimicking all of his sounds, and brings him all the toys.  She has no respect for his personal bubble and cracks up at all of the things he does.  She gets most excited when he is awake and has been known to wake him from his sleep more times than I care to mention.  She really is doing so well at being a big sister and I love that she gets to be!!  Her confidence is growing and she is able to enjoy so much more of life with her unicorn roller applied to her neck and shoulders.  She is still refusing to take photos, so getting a good one of all the siblings has been quite the challenge the past several weeks...this is our reality and I need to embrace it!







Previous Weeks


Finnley at 28 weeks
Ellie at 28 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley