Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 30

How has it already been another week?  Sweet Séamus is 30 weeks old and we hit a MAJOR milestone this week!!! Little man can crawl!! Hooray!! I wish I could shout from the rooftops because this is so so good! Mobile babies are my favorite, they keep you on your toes, they tend to be little bit happier because they can get to the things that grab their attention, and they tire themselves out quicker...plus is there anything cute than a crawling little babe? (yes there is...a walking babe 😉)



Eats: little man is getting to try lots of different foods!! It's so much fun, he is figuring it out and actually enjoying trying new things!!  Don't get me wrong, we're just eating solids for fun and still nursing round the clock!  So far some favorites have been: potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, and bread (croissants, biscuits, sandwich bread...he does not discriminate 😂), he is also becoming more of a fan of the puffs and will go through so many french fries...though I'm not sure how much of them he is actually eating since I find so many on the floor when we're done 🙈.

Sleeps: we were going on a really good stretch for a few days.  Sleeping through the night (my boobs hurt so much in the morning) and they he would also just sleep on the floor.  It was amazing!! then we went over the mountains for the weekend and we're back at square one.  He did start crawling when we came home, so I'm thinking that maybe just maybe I can blame the new found freedom and mobility for his sleep regression...


Goes: we took Finnley to gymnastics, went to a local bookstore to sell a bunch of books and movies (thank you Marie Kondo), we went over the mountains to my in-laws, and out to the library for some play time and crawling practice.  





Does: CRAWLING!!! Oh my heart!! I know he's going to be getting into things a bit more than the girls (he does have my genetics after all 😂) so I might have to start moving some of my decor around and out of the way...I'm all prepared for it, but I've been successful with two babies so far so maybe I'll be able to avoid having to do it with him too...jury is still out.  He is also putting all of the things in his mouth.  Which now that he is mobile means I'm going to have to pull out the Thieves a lot more often - good thing so many products are infused with this powerhouse of an oil blend: thieves spray, thieves household cleaner, thieves hand purifier, thieves dish soap, thieves hand soap, thieves essential oil, thieves toothpaste, thieves laundry detergent...we are well equipped with boosting our immune systems over here.



Holiday: Little man also got to celebrate his very first LOVE day!!  Which was actually quite special since he and I got to have the morning for just the two of us since both of the girls were at school.  We got home from school pickups and had a nice dinner together as a family and continued with some quality family time.


Mama: Thomas and I celebrated 14 years of being together on the 19th.  We went on our first date (to a friends house party and Red Robin) and have pretty much spent the majority of our days together.  It is just wild to think back at what babies we were...I was fast approaching my 21st birthday and he was this funny guy that was best friends with one of my "ex's" and here we are.  So we've been reminiscing about how life got us to each other and now where we are.  The completeness I feel when I look at our family is something I have yearned for.  It's so much better than I could have imagined and I am so glad that everything worked out the way that it did because this season is where I am supposed to be at the age that I am.  Every detail has been planned out so perfectly and I wouldn't change it for anything (well maybe a few key fashion choices...).


Sisters: Finnley is thriving at Pre-school.  Granted she has only been 2 days, she is loving it and doing quite well with the classroom norms.  She adores her baby brother and still continues to burst his personal bubble multiple times a day.  When we ride in Thomas's car, she gets to sit next to him (which requires extra supervision) and I caught them doing this...holding hands and it brought me back to when Ellie and Finnley used to sit next to each other, just the sweetest.  Finnley loves to squeeze Séamus's head, bring him all the toys, and shriek near his face.  She also loves to build houses with her Magnatiles and legos, coloring with crayons, eating paper (yup 😳), and sleeps all night in her bed.
Ellie loves to play with her friends at school but is getting frustrated with herself that she can't read yet.  She told me she has 3 BFF's at school but doesn't know the name of one of them 😂.  She is intrigued with ghosts and zombies but says she doesn't talk about them at school because she just wants to keep that type of stuff at home.  She is excelling at coloring, wants to be a Genie when she grows up and is Student of the Week.  She loves her brother something fierce and now that we occasionally let her pick him up that is all she wants to do...and carry him around too!! It makes my heart skip a beat but it also makes my heart swell because I have a 5 year old that can carry my baby! I mean I only ever dreamed of that!
These three are the best.  I am so grateful for them, my life is so enriched by them.





Previous Weeks


Finnley at 30 weeks
Ellie at 30 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley