Wednesday, February 13, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 29

We've had quite the week...full of fevers, snot, and snow.  I was so hoping that we were going to get through without anything...but that is just unlikely with all the places we go and things we do.  Séamus was still in quite good spirits despite feeling unwell.


Eats: little Séamus is getting more used to eating "solid" foods.  In addition to what he's already had I incorporated carrots into his menu.  I wouldn't say he loves them...or hates them.  He also got some Puffs and we tried a bottle with no success.  His preference is still straight from the boob and we're just going to continue to go with it.  He is still eating multiple times a day and I think I'm doing a pretty good job and remembering to alternate.  It's so funny how this time around I prefer to feed him on the opposite side I did the girls, additionally it seems so much easier and more natural to switch sides this time around.  Whenever I tried with the girls it just felt so awkward, so I am glad to say it doesn't feel so with him.


Sleeps: Séamus was NOT feeling well this week, so he actually slept quite a bit.  He took naps on my lap as well as long ones in his crib.  We are still putting him into a sleep sack at night (except when he was running a fever) and he has slept from 7:30 to almost 4am for four nights in a row!!  I have gotten up a few times to go in and check on him because I just cannot believe it.  My boobs are so full in the morning that I'm so ready for him to wake up and relieve me!! lol.  In his room we are diffusing Gentle Baby and Sleepyize as well as spraying the Seedlings Linen Spray on his mattress, and we have his sound machine on.

 

 

Goes: not too many places.  We were snowed in from Friday evening to Sunday and No School on Monday or Tuesday.  It was so nice to have Thomas home for an extended weekend and we got so much family time in it was pure heaven.  We did make it out to MOPs this week (and Finnley had her first day of Preschool!!).  On Sunday we made it out to the store and then just stayed at home the rest of the time.  He also had a bit of snot this week so I grabbed some Lemon and Pine with a splotch of coconut oil and rubbed on his chest and back to give him some relief.  I love having these tools at the ready that are safe and natural to support my family.


Does: Séamus came down with a fever on Thursday night that we were able to manage with peppermint baths and tylenol...it lasted through Monday and on Sunday he started to get a mild rash on his trunk.  Since we were pretty much housebound due to snow and we were able to manage his fever, I self diagnosed him with having Roseola.  When we took both the girls in with similar symptoms that was their diagnosis and all our doctor told us to do was give tylenol to manage their fever and comfort...and then gave us a hefty bill.  Even though he wasn't feeling his best, Séamus was still full of smiles and giggles and lots of cuddles.  He still isn't crawling but really wants to so badly...as do I!  He plays so well by himself in his room and is so interactive with his toys.  He is great at grabbing the toy he wants and also pretty good about getting it into his mouth.




Wears: size 2 diapers and 3-6 month clothes.  He still doesn't care for footed pj's so we're doing our best to keep the footless ones available and clean.  Lots of onesies and pants are his staple clothing and I've given him one of the girls hats (that Finnley does still wear on occasion) because I just can't get over him in green!!


 

 

Mama: this week was rough with him not feeling well.  Fevers are the absolute worst.  We tried to remain in good spirits and I am so so thankful that Thomas was home for all of it.  So many times this week I would look at Thomas and just tell him how thankful I am that we have our three kids.  I was so nervous about having a boy, even though in my heart of hearts that is what I wanted and I just cannot get over how great Séamus is and that he IS A BOY!!  I will forever have a concern in the back of my head about our girls and comparison.  While we hope that we raise them to know that they are wanted, loved, and cherished I can't help but fear that they will feel a comparison to Séamus because he is biologically ours.  Whenever we discussed having a bio-baby I hoped we would have a boy, because maybe that might help the girls to accept him better.  That they wouldn't read into things and think that our bio-babe gets special treatment because they're biologically ours.  So the fact that Séamus is a boy relieves a lot of that for me...it's still there, just in a different form.


Sisters: We've had a lot of playtime this week.  Ellie has decided that she is now old enough to carry little man wherever she wants...which makes my heart stop.  But I need to let her do it so that she feels confident and can learn to do it, I've even asked her to carry him over to me so that is major growth on my part.  Ellie absolutely adored the snow and wanted to go out and play all the time.  She did quite well at keeping herself entertained while we were housebound and is quite the helper.
Finnley still has issues respecting Séamus personal bubble and has been quite rough with him lately.  She is definitely testing the boundaries of what is acceptable torture for him (newsflash...none of it!!) and still cracks us up all of the time.  Her diet consists of graham crackers, ritz crackers, yogurt, applesauce, and cheetos.  She does love to play and has quite the imagination and sings songs all the time.








 Previous Weeks


Finnley at 29 weeks
Ellie at 29 weeks

♥ Ashley












No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley