Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 36

Here we are again a whole nother week has gone by.  Our sweet little Séamus is quite the little dare devil and I can totally tell that he is taking over after Thomas more and more every single day.  We finally had to move some things around this month and did some "Baby Proofing" for the first time ever....The Horror!!! but I just couldn't take him destroying my plants anymore.  I mean he just would beeline it for my mom's Philodendron that I'm pretty sure is older than myself, so I had to swallow my pride and move it.


Eats: little man still loves the boob...in the evenings.  When we're up during the day and eating "real food" he wants to participate.  He is so good at picking up food and getting it into his mouth, he just loves it so much.  I think I've figured out this whole baby led weaning thing...to an extent, and have totally given up on "clean eating" he is just going to make a mess and I have to let him do that.  We are working on introducing him to lots of different textures and tastes and so far he seems to be a fan of all the things.  The boob still puts him to sleep at night (and for most naps) but he is getting so distracted lately that we don't have our "marathon" sessions anymore.


Sleeps: we hit the jack pot for a few days where he slept nearly 7-8 hours!!! He went down around 7:30 and didn't join us in our bed until 3-4am!! My boobs were so ready but he just did great and we praised him so much.  He started to get another tooth in and I think it's been messing with his sleep again 😒 but like I tell myself all the time: he will sleep for more years on his own than he will in our bed and I just want to embrace every second of it.  His naps have been pretty good, he has been sleeping a lot in his car seat but I've been able to get him to fall asleep on his own in his crib a couple of times...so #winning!!

Does: Séamus is pulling up on all the things, trying to stand on his own (which he can for 2.5 seconds) and basically will not sit still.  He is getting into everything, we've had to resort to some baby proofing for the first time ever!! and I just know that Thomas is getting payback for when he was little...only I'm the one who gets to manage it most of the time 😂.  He is laughing, loves to get tickled, puts all the things in his mouth, and is obsessed with all the power/charge cords...why???  He also crawled up the stairs for the first time this week!!!! I shouldn't be so excited about it because a) dangerous b) now I can't take my eyes off of him and c) he's obsessed with his new trick now....





Goes: we went to Ellie and Finnley's gymnastics and he just loves to crawl all around.  I met a couple of friends for Coffee and he got to tag along.  Then we just had all the regular things, grocery store, out to dinner, my nanny house, and school drop off/ pick up.

Mama: I know these posts are supposed to focus around Séamus, but I have to talk about Finnley real quick...her 3rd birthday is coming up so fast and I just cannot believe it.  I remember so vividly jumping every time my phone made a noise thinking it was time to go to the hospital...she kept us waiting, doing things on her own time from the very beginning.  In truth I am thrilled because I love each new stage, 3 has so much to offer (though it has its challenges too) and I'm hopeful that since she was intense for her 2nd year that this year 3 she will lighten up a bit with improved communication, less demands, and be a tiny bit more agreeable through all of her moods.  Séamus is 8 months old and I cannot get over how quickly this year has gone already...this postpartum brain really makes you forget half of the things!

Sisters: my heart jumps for joy that I get to talk about both of Séamus sisters.  If it weren't for adoption they wouldn't be here and our life would be so empty.  The blessing these two ladies are for us is indescribable.  Both so unique and simply perfect, once Séamus gets older he will contribute too, and they keep us on our toes while teaching us so much about being parents and raising tomorrow's future.  Ellie is completely smitten with her brother and professes her love for him on the daily.  Finnley too, loves her brother something fierce and isn't afraid to show it.  Ellie got to be Student of the Week in her classroom, which was so exciting and is really improving with her reading!! She is finally understanding the concept and is much more resilient.  Finnley is participating in school and play groups so well, she loves to sing the songs and is so much better at circle time than I anticipated.  She still loves to run laps around the house and has an incredible amount of energy that is both absolutely wonderful and makes me want to pull my hair out...thankfully it's Spring and she can begin to play outside more.





Previous Weeks


Finnley at 36 weeks
Ellie at 36 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley