Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The Wednesday Weekly - Week 27

Y'all I had to double check how many weeks the babe is...because I lost track. This is my favorite age of Finnley so far and I just can't get over how sweet she is, her smile is everything. 

Week 27 


Eats: formula, formula and more formula. Sweet girl is also all about the solids too! So far she has had (and enjoyed) banana, applesauce, green beans, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, multigrain cereal, puffs and...wait for it...McDonald's French fries!! Oh and in case you were wondering this little babe is still spitting up...not a bad as she used to but it still happens.



Sleeps: we had a couple of rough days with naps but this girl is back to loving her sleep! There have been multiple days where she's had a 2.5+ hour nap (along with a few other cat naps) and then she is back to sleeping through the night. Her bedtime is around 7:30-8:00pm and she will sleep until 6:3-7:00 am!! All the praise hands (now only if we can get Ellie to do the same...)



Does: we are working on Finnley having some "indie time" or independent playtime in her room, I think it's so important for kiddos to be able to just be by themselves.  So far it only lasts about 5 minutes before Ellie needs to join her or she catches me creeping on her!!  But she is only 6 months old and I think that 5 minutes is pretty good!  Finnley babe is a sitting champion and I love that so much, she is rolling around and dare I say she actually enjoys tummy time now!  She makes all sorts of noises and has started to blow some bubbles!!










Goes: no where out of the regular this week, but I just want to mention that she is becoming quite the little sidekick!! I don't know if I mentioned it before but a few weeks back I switched her over to a convertible car seat and have been having to take her our of the car and into the Ergo whenever we have to go somewhere...she is a bit of a wiggleworm and doesn't do too well in restaurant high chairs yet, so when we go out and about in Thomas car we use the infant car seat and it's actually kind of nice to bring her into restaurants in it...







Loves: hands down our favorite is the Ergo, but Finnley is loving just about anything she can get into her mouth.  We still use the lounger on a daily basis and she can spend close to 15-20 minutes just playing around in her exersaucer.  She loves sitting up and blankets are so great for that as are sleep sacks for her sleeping.  Also, Finnley adores watching the dogs walk around, play and run...she will practically leap out of my arms to watch them go behind me! It is so cute!







Mama: this is hands down my favorite age of Finnley yet!! She is so much more interactive, can sit up and can just chill and hang with us!!  I love that she is a total Mama's girl but we are working on getting her to be more comfortable with other people holding her...its a process.  I'm sure I said it last week but we are just getting into a groove - all three of us girls - and being their Mama is just the bees knees.  I love getting to be with these girls every day and wouldn't trade it for anything!!




Sister: somehow we got so lucky with how much Ellie loves her sister!! There have been a few occasions where Finnley has been playing with one of Ellie's toys and we've had to talk about sharing...but generally Ellie is pretty good about it.  I always make sure to have her "ask" Finnley if she can play with one of her toys because I don't want her to think that she can just take and play with anything she wants.  Another thing that has happened this week is that Ellie wants to be a part of Finnley's bedtime routine, so she'll help me sing Finnley's song, give her a kiss on the head and watch me lay her down in her crib - the sweetest!! These two girls!!!





♥ Ashley

previous weeks


Ellie at 27 weeks

2 comments:

  1. This may be my favorite photo so far. Those stripes! All the heart eye emojis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be my favorite photo so far. Those stripes! All the heart eye emojis!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley