Wednesday, May 1, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 40

Happy May Day!! I've got some friends coming over today to plant some flowers and the weather sounds like it's going to just be perfect!

We've hit it, just five more days and this little boy will be on the outside as long as he was cooking on the inside.  So mind blowing how much he has changed over the past 40 weeks.  He's crawling, laughing, standing, feeding himself, getting into everything, and sleeping! It's just incredible how much these babes change and grow over their first year of life...and we have just 12 weeks to go and he will be ONE!! like how is that even going to happen?



Sweet boy had his monthday and turned 9 months old!! Time sure is flying.  We had his well baby check up and he is still clocking in the 1% for weight and nearly that for his height, so he is just a petite little guy.  Once again we had the conversation with the pediatrician about his weight and while he gave me some very strange feeding suggestions - no I will NOT be feeding my 9 month old six Tablespoons of Olive Oil, he did finally see that this is just Séamus and his curve and seems to be satisfied.  So we're just going to keep on doing what we've been doing, maybe a little more intentional with what solids we are giving him.


Eats: little Séamus is all about the boob and the food.  He loves it when Finnley gives him pretzels and graham crackers, he loves pasta, bread, and beans. cake, puffs, and rice.  Pretty much he eats whatever we give him like chips and hummus or avocado, sausage and other meats too.  He still loves the boob and has been trying out all sorts of new nursing positions which I am less than thrilled about 😁. He still snacks all throughout the day so I feel like my supply is still enough.


Sleeps: eek, I almost don't want to share because I don't want to jinx anything but Séamus has been sleeping almost 8-9 hours at night!  It has been so amazing.  I still woke up a couple of times in a slight panic because...where was he?? 😂 and with some very full boobs.  I learned that you produce milk based on the demands of the previous 24 hours so now that he isn't nursing in the middle of the night, I'm not as full in the morning.   He still naps a few times a day, mostly in the car but occasionally in his crib.  I have been working on getting him to fall asleep on his own and if he is tired enough it works great, other times he just doesn't want to miss the action.


 

 
Does: he is cruising!!! Just a little bit at a time but he is doing it and it is so much fun.  He loves to play in the girls room, tries to put all the things in his mouth, and is seriously so so happy.  He claps his hands and feeds himself and it is all just the best ever!

 

 

Goes: Thomas left us all alone on Friday night to go to a Fly Fishing event with his dad so it was just me and the three kids Friday afternoon through Saturday evening.  I met a friend for lunch on Friday after Finnley and Séamus doctor appointments and it was so fun to catch up! I had some friends over on Saturday for a Make & Take and we had so much fun!! We made Perfume Rollers and Body Butter with Essential Oils.  We made a trip to Trader Joe's (always my favorite) and then all the regular places: the library, store, schools, and just driving around.





Mama: my heart is so incredibly full.  Spending over 24 hours with just me and the kids was so good, a bit of a challenge for bedtime since Séamus usually nurses to sleep and Thomas gets the diffusers ready in the bedrooms and he also gets the girls into their jams (who am I kidding? he gets Séamus ready too).  So figuring out how to get that all done was a trip, but we made it and everyone slept in. I mean if you consider 6:15 sleeping in 😆.  I also had a couple people come look at my horse but she just wasn't the right fit for them so we are still on the lookout for the perfect home for her.


Sisters: these two sisters are my favorites ever!  They are so loving, kind, funny, and push our buttons all the time.  Ellie says the funniest things and Finnley is just a goof.  I am always wondering how Finnley knows how to be so funny, I guess she just knows.  Ellie is the sweetest and is really trying to stretch her independence.  I love seeing her growing up and taking on new roles, though it is so incredibly hard for me to let go of control.  We got the trampoline up for the girls and they are having a blast with the beautiful weather we've been having going outside and playing on the swing sets and jumping on the Trampoline.  Finnley is doing so great in school, her teachers tell me she is very quiet and is the observer.  I just adore getting to see her out on the playground when I come to pick her up and seeing her doing her thing.  She loves to sing songs.  Her favorite right now is the Hands Clap song and I am quite impressed with the amount of lyrics she knows!  Ellie just wants to color and draw and craft all the things.  She is improving so much on her sight words and can read some of her books to us which is just so so cool.   She is spirited and friendly and is obsessed with Unicorns right now. So much fun.



 Previous Weeks:


Finnley at 40 weeks
Ellie at 40 weeks

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley