Wednesday, May 22, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 43

Sweet boy just keeps getting older and older each week!! I can't believe he is almost 10 months old!! Like what? How did that happen? And why isn't he walking yet?? I know y'all think I'm crazy wanting him to walk but it is just so much fun when they start walking and then you can set them down and be "guaranteed'' that they'll stay standing! He was quite the turkey this week for his weekly photo and just would not lay still! He kept rolling over and sitting up so I just had to take what I could get 😆.


Eats: sweet little Séamus is a snacking fool when it comes to nursing, I guess that is one of the "perks" with breastfeeding on demand is that he can just get a quick little 30 second suckle whenever he wants.  Séamus is also just loving all the foods!  I got him some Yogurt Melts and he is pounding them along with some Puffs and Crunchies.  He also tried some tuna salad and chicken salad and really liked those as well, it's so funny because I totally waited a long time before I introduced meat into the girls diets and Séamus is getting it so much earlier.  He loves Pasta and Potatoes and pretty much anything we give him...he is great at feeding himself though he does get quite a bit in his lap.





Sleeps: oh my word sleep is going SO WELL!  He is putting himself to sleep on his own in his crib and sleeps through until around 4-4:30 when I very much welcome him into the bed because my boobs are so full.  He has been taking quite a few car naps this week but we've been home a little more and he's had the chance to nap in his crib which has been so so great!  We're continuing on the same routine as last week with his diffuser, Seedlings spray, oils on his feet, nursing and song.



Goes: we went over to one of Ellie's friends houses for a play date after school and the girls had a blast playing with each other, dressing up, jumping in the bounce house, and eating snacks.  Séamus was obsessed with the mini trampoline, he bounced on it and fell off about 10 times.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to teach him to get down feet first instead of with his hands... We hung out at our Nanny house and he was fascinated with their night light and the stairs, always with the stairs!  Ellie had a date with my MIL for her birthday and then went over to their house with Thomas for a sleepover so it was just me and the littles for the weekend.  We went to a bazaar, the Farmer's Market, visited with my dad before he leaves for Uganda for almost 12 weeks, and then just hung around the house.  Finnley started up her very first solo swim lessons this week and did AHHHmazing (thank you Valor!!) so Séamus and I enjoyed sitting at the pool watching her.






















Does: Séamus started giving High Fives!! they are so much fun!! He is just crawling everywhere, cruising and pulling up on all the things.  I caught him getting into a standing position all on his own in the middle of his room, so I think we might be getting closer to walking!!  Séamus is also putting all of the things into his mouth, I've found paper, tape, stickers, and small toys, not to mention our shoes 😩 the corners of the rugs, and lots of other gross things.  The girls were coloring one morning and must have dropped a green crayon on the floor because his face was covered in greed drool and all marked up 😂, so we're going to have to keep a closer eye out.  Oh and also, he LOVES the vacuum!  When I plug it in and turn it on he comes crawling as fast as he can to get in on the action! He must remember it from when I vacuumed 3 times a day while pregnant!




Mama: I have been focusing so much on my Oils Business.  It has been so incredibly rewarding to bring wellness into the homes of over 80 families!!  I am just blown away at how much I love this business and seeing lives changing on the daily!  I have also been getting Ragtime prepared for a hopeful sale.  It has been so good for my soul to get out there and work with her.  I am going to miss her terribly but I know that when she goes (wherever that may be) that she is going to go and live her best life.  I've relaxed quite a bit with my dictating parenting style (three kids will do that to you) and it has been so much fun to watch them learn and grow and figure stuff out!! We still enforce a lot of things over here but letting them make a mess is what they need to do and I am finally letting them do it and we are all benefiting from it.


Sisters: Ellie turned 6 this week!! We celebrated with a visit to her classroom to bring doughnuts and then out to the Spaghetti Factory for dinner!  She had the best day ever and I just love to see her enthusiasm.  Finnley is still pushing buttons and testing her boundaries with how rough she can be with Séamus and the constant redirection/discipline gets pretty tiring.  Her saving grace is how helpful she is and her sweetness.  Both of the girls are such sweet, kind souls and every day we are so grateful to have them be ours! So much has changed over the past 6 years but I know this is how our life is supposed to be.






Previous Weeks:


Finnley at 43 weeks
Ellie at 43 weeks

♥ Ashley

♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley