Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Séamus Weekly - week 41

How on earth are we past 40 weeks already?!! I have to tell you that the 40 weeks that Séamus was on the outside were so much better than the 40 weeks he was on the inside.  I shared a bit about my thoughts on pregnancy after infertility here, it's raw but it's my experience.


Eats: Séamus is becoming more and more into eating all the real foods...which is so great!  He can get lots of different food into his mouth but seems to really enjoy graham crackers and pretzels. We are still nursing throughout the day though some of our nursing sessions he is quite the acrobat 😳.



Sleeps: sweet boy is sleeping through the night!! my boobs are so full in the morning but it's totally worth it! He usually joins us around 5am for that early morning feed and then back to sleep for another hour or so in our bed.  Love him so much.  He's been doing most of his naps in the car and then falling asleep on the boob before being transferred at night.








Does: Séamus is standing all the time, pulling up on everything, and cruising like it's his job!  He sits, loves the bathtub, and will not lay still on the change table despite all the distractions.  He is blowing raspberries and is beginning to mimic us!! He yells when Finnley yells and its the cutest thing ever!





Goes: we had the girls together party with my side of the family at my grandparents place and it was so fun getting to see all the cousins together playing and being maniacs.  All Séamus wanted to do was keep up with the big kids and crawled all around everywhere.  We also made a trip to the mall to go to the Disney Store and out for "dump-a-lings" as Ellie calls them.  Nanny came out for a visit to watch the littles while I showed my horse to someone and then we went out for ice cream after Ellie was done with school!






Mama: I am focusing on soaking up all the goodness with this sweet boy.  A part of me wonders what it would be like if we had a 4th...maybe I would feel differently about pregnancy if I experienced it again? But then I am so over this baby/infant stage and don't want to do it a fourth time, because it is HARD!!! I love it but I love it more as we reach each new stage and milestone 😉. I am learning more about the Enneagram, listening to podcasts, and just practicing my word of the year and embracing everything I can as much as I can.  I feel really good.  I feel really solid.  I also feel really hungry most of the time 😆.



Sisters: Oh My Word these girls are in love with their brother!  Finnley really is the best sister to a baby. She is concerned about his whereabouts all the time, is constantly "saving" him from who knows what and bringing him back to me (even when I tell her to leave him be He's happy and fine), and she brings him all the toys somehow knowing exactly what it is he wants!!  Ellie helps me to get him out of the car, also carries him away from predicaments, and is so loving and caring for him.  I am so lucky to have 3 children who are growing up together and building friendships with each other.  It takes a lot of work but when I see it happening it's all worth it!






♥ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! They make my day! Make sure that your email is linked to your profile so I can email you back!

♥ Ashley